JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buzz Lightyear appreciates your rescuing him from the evil cardboard space aliens.
buzz-costume.jpg

Nice - I enjoyed watching people use their smaller guns (642, etc.) Not quite as fast shooting/reloading as a service-size pistol in a belt holster. Good reality check.

You know what, that match certainly changed my perspective on CCW. Higher rate of failures, some timing issues with magazines. The bug guns certainly challenged even some of this state's best IDPA shooters. I think my new mantra towards CCW is "bring enough gun", not necessarily from the aspect of caliber, but the ability to properly manipulate and operate your sidearm. A good belt and holster goes a long way.
;)

You know what, that match certainly changed my perspective on CCW. Higher rate of failures, some timing issues with magazines. The bug guns certainly challenged even some of this state's best IDPA shooters. I think my new mantra towards CCW is "bring enough gun", not necessarily from the aspect of caliber, but the ability to properly manipulate and operate your sidearm. A good belt and holster goes a long way.
;)

CCW is always a compromise for me - not many people know I carry (except my wife) and I want to keep it that way. Having something that can be stashed in my pocket is a big plus, despite the inherent deficiencies that come with that mode of carry. I just don't think I can belt carry - inevitably, you'll have to take off your coat or whatever covers your sidearm.

What is the Buzz Lightyear doll for? Is he supposed to be an unarmed person you are protecting? Just some marker to bring around to make it harder? I've never been to an IDPA match before.

What is the Buzz Lightyear doll for? Is he supposed to be an unarmed person you are protecting? Just some marker to bring around to make it harder? I've never been to an IDPA match before.

All of the above.

It also forces to shoot strong hand only in a manner you may not typically practice.

Is the DW your regular carry gun?
Is that the standard front sight?

Although it would be my ideal carry gun because it's been very reliable, it is not my CCW piece. it's got a pretty light trigger and could be a legal liability should I need to defend myself in court. I know it could go either way, but it's easier for me to just use another gun for CCW. My CCW is a Colt Combat Elite 1911 Government, which is also my back up gun for my Dan Wesson. It's mostly stock, with a heavier stock trigger.

BTW, the front sight on my Dan Wesson is aftermarket I installed myself. It's a Dawson Precision Fiber Optic in red, .100.

coltCE01.jpg

coltce04.jpg

Sweet, I was wondering if you carried it daily. You actually carry the same class of gun.

I shot a Tactical Match (3 gun) which uses IDPA rules and loved it. It's refreshing to get out of the "Gaming" matched and actually be required to use cover, reload behind cover, required to neutralize targets, etc, instead of taking stabs at them and "moving on" to keep your time low.

I use an XDM in Speed Steel and IPSC, but I don't think it would be very comfortable to CCW.

I like the idea of competing with the type of gun you actually carry.

I may try stuffing the XDM in my jeans and see if it'll work.

Aristotle, you don't use that big mag release button on Saturdays do you? :s0131:

Nope, only on Sundays Rick. :) I had to swap "in" my big button this Sunday. That's just the template picture I have of my Dan Wesson with all the fun stuff.

I'm hoping to get a dedicated CDP gun so I don't have to do the swap every time. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top