JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't really find that CNN clip to be as offensive as this YouTube commentator does, although I do think that using the term "loved" to describe how the founding fathers viewed gun control is an politically motivated exaggeration. That said, I'm sure that the founding fathers and the early law-makers of our nation realized and appreciated the the necessity of gun control / laws, just in a much less invasive and restrictive form than the laws we currently suffer under today (including those to come).

A quick bit of research on the topic after watching this clip yielded this pretty interesting research paper which goes over the number of various gun laws and restrictions that existed in our country during the late 1700's up until the 1930's. If anyone is interested, it looks like it would take about an hour or so to read, but the tables in the paper are enough to get the gist of it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top