JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did a transfer with a OR resident (I'm WA) yesterday at (Shooters service center) off Lombard. Processed my lower transfer in about 5 mins, purchaser walked out with lower in hand, no bs. 45$ cash/50$ card for transfer.
I believe it's a WA thing and the WA system is broken.
My FFL today said that he hasn't been able to complete a NICS check for about 2 weeks now.
He said that he would release my firearm to me after the 10 day period.

He also said that if he doesn't know the purchaser, he'll hold the firearm until the check comes through.
And after 30 days, you have to re-submit for the check and the counter re-starts.
He said that if he released a firearm legally after 10 days and "things went bad" he could find himself in a civil lawsuit.
That is why some FFL's won't release without the NICS check.
It's risk management.

It makes sense to me, just disclose the policy up front before any firearms are sent anywhere.

Seems to be the same no matter where you live in the state. Some shops will not release without a proceed no matter what and other shops will release after the ten business days that the law states. The problem seems to be related to "opinions" on legality related to the shop by agents of agencies intent on limiting access to firearms. Said agents imply that shops are in violation if they do not hold the gun in limbo until proceeded. Common sense agencies (like Vancouver PD seems to be noted at the start) recognize that technical difficulties on their end should not impede a legal gun owners right to pick up their property.

It makes sense to me, just disclose the policy up front before any firearms are sent anywhere.
First question I always ask when considering a purchase. I find it funny how many shop owners that won't release start making excuses about how they "must wait for the state / feds approval before they can release the gun". I point out the BS nature of their reply and thank them for their time and walk out. The look on their face is priceless. One shop I go to frequently had a gun that I passed on sit on the shelf for a year. Once a month the owner would point out how he still had that pistol if I was interested. I pointed out as long as he held up the delivery past ten business days I would never be interested.

We make choices with our feet and our wallets.

He said that if he released a firearm legally after 10 days and "things went bad" he could find himself in a civil lawsuit.
That is why some FFL's won't release without the NICS check.
It's risk management.
This ^^ is just a "No-Brainer" for gun sellers these days. And in Washington or Oregon? Pffftt.

Nah. The POPO barely even arrest murderers any more.

Sigh, this is getting tedious. I agree, but I thought I had that thought covered.

Well, the POPO, no matter what city/state, HAVE to respond to a call about a felon in possession, at the very least a bench warrant would be taken out, THEN a visit from the POPO, or an arrest if stopped for something else.

Last Edited:
Well I was making a sarirical joke. Do you get that? Or are you capable of detecting satire? Is this thing on????
One NORMALLY uses some external indication that they are making sarcasm or satire, all other cues of facial expression and body language lacking. ;)............................. :p:(:D or whatever. Mikej is no dummy if that is what you are inferring.

One NORMALLY uses some external indication that they are making sarcasm or satire, all other cues of facial expression and body language lacking. ;)............................. :p:(:D or whatever. Mikej is no dummy if that is what you are inferring.
Thanks Pop's! :s0084: :s0114:

First question I always ask when considering a purchase. I find it funny how many shop owners that won't release start making excuses about how they "must wait for the state / feds approval before they can release the gun". I point out the BS nature of their reply and thank them for their time and walk out. The look on their face is priceless. One shop I go to frequently had a gun that I passed on sit on the shelf for a year. Once a month the owner would point out how he still had that pistol if I was interested. I pointed out as long as he held up the delivery past ten business days I would never be interested.

We make choices with our feet and our wallets.
Yet, you still frequent said shop...

Oh you mean like this.

nwf.jpg

OK, done with this thread now. Back on topic. Tropic Pawn. Total jerks. 🤣

Oh you mean like this.

View attachment 980635

OK, done with this thread now. Back on topic. Tropic Pawn. Total jerks. 🤣
Actually yes, just like that... or like the examples I already gave you. Learn it, love it, live it, is my recommendation to you.

Back on topic is fine with me... this thread has gotten tedious, as I have already mentioned. I am thinking about putting the thread on ignore. Along with the "fight against gun control" thread. You might want to check that one out... appears to be some potential for fun!!!

Actually yes, just like that... or like the examples I already gave you. Learn it, love it, live it, is my recommendation to you.

Back on topic is fine with me... this thread has gotten tedious, as I have already mentioned. I am thinking about putting the thread on ignore. Along with the "fight against gun control" thread. You might want to check that one out... appears to be some potential for fun!!!
Funny I wasn't asking for your recommendation... But back on topic.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top