JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have wondered about this on occasion.

A side of me wants to believe it is a rare occurrence however reality tells me it probably happens more than we would guess.
Gun shows up at a crime scene, LE contacts the manufacturer to find out what FFL received it, FFL better have transfer paperwork.

I'm sure it occasionally happens, but you'd have to be pretty dumb. Statistically, I really doubt it's an issue.

So follow current law?

I'm not sure how big of an issue FFLs selling guns out the back door is.

I just think Biden and the Garland DOJ are a bunch of virtue signaling morons.
I have to hope they are but, being as this is by far the most corrupt administration in my history it scares me. If they start sicking their dogs on some small FFL's the people who they ruin will be out. They can't try to fight them and the media would just ignore it.

My apologies if I was unclear. The assumption to which I referred was not on your part, rather on the part of the OP whom you were appearing to defend. He/she/they/them/theirs assumed this FFL operated under a certain policy without confirming it and then saw fit to complain about it. Meh.
I see your point. While we're at it I don't think you needed to call accuse him of whining. I won't assume that you knew better. :D :s0057: :s0084:

I see your point. While we're at it I don't think you needed to call accuse him of whining. I won't assume that you knew better. :D :s0057: :s0084:
It was not an accusation. It was a statement of fact. Dude/gal/toaster/polyglot didn't do its homework, made an A55/UM/TION, and then cried about it on a forum. Boo hoo them had to wait for theirs roscoe because that didn't confirm the policies of the FFL in question. Meh.

It seems many here don't feel the three day or ten day rules should be utilized by FFLs. I wonder if those who feel that way also support requiring background checks?
A private business should be allowed to set its own policies in the context of what the law allows. Philosophically, background checks are unconstitutional if you take the Constitution seriously. Practically, they are a fact of life in our modern bureaucracy. That said, it is appalling that we allow the nanny state to charge us a fee to determine if we are worthy of exercising one of our constitutionally guaranteed rights. Yet suggest a person be required to produce an ID to confirm they are who they claim to be at the ballot box and you'd think you were suggesting serving fried puppy at elementary schools. Of course none of this applies to me as an Oregon CHL holder. The longest I can remember waiting to purchase a firearm is about one hour at the height of the Wuhan China Novel Coronavirus Global Pandemic of 2019.

For now. I have a feeling that is about to change.

Last Edited:
A private business should be allowed to set its own policies in the context of what the law allows. Philosophically, background checks are unconstitutional if you take the Constitution literally. Practically, they are a fact of life in our modern bureaucracy. That said, it is appalling that we allow the nanny state to charge us a fee to determine if we are worthy of exercising one of our constitutionally guaranteed rights. Yet suggest a person be required to produce an ID to confirm they are who they claim to be at the ballot box and you'd think you were suggesting serving fried puppy at elementary schools. Of course none of this applies to me as an Oregon CHL holder. The longest I can remember waiting to purchase a firearm is about one hour at the height of the Wuhan China Novel Coronavirus Global Pandemic of 2019.

For now. I have a feeling that is about to change.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top