JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
as a side note , went to bimart yesterday and their entire gun section was empty , all guns removed from display, with a sign stating they will no longer sale firearms or ammo and all pending sales are canceled until the Clark county system is up and running ,
What a shame that the store has to do that rather than listen to angry customers who take it out on them.

I've never had a LGS disclose ahead of time to me that if the BGC gets delayed, they will not be releasing the gun. Perhaps some signage or a notice you sign would be a good innovation. But verbal... seems awkward and clunky. When the BGC fails is USUALLY when you find out the policy. Might be good to ask ahead of time rather than assuming. First time gun buyers learn lots of things the hard way.

Last Edited:
I've never had a LGS disclose ahead of time to me that if the BGC gets delayed, they will not be releasing the gun. Perhaps some signage or a notice you sign would be a good innovation. But verbal... seems awkward and clunky. When the BCG fails is USUALLY when you find out the policy. Might be good to ask ahead of time rather than assuming. First time gun buyers learn lots of things the hard way.
Yep shops really "should" make it VERY clear up front to save the grief. During the great panic before this one this same thing was happening when guns came back. Buddy of mine finally went to get his CPL then went down to my range / shop and picked out a hand gun. When he told them he was waiting for his CPL they actually turned him away. Said just come back after you get the CPL. At that time it waived the wait and the State was again often taking over a month to get back. So of course customers were getting mad. They were at that time ready to turn down a sale rather than do it and then have to deal with the anger. Now of course the CPL no longer helps much. :(

I've never had a LGS disclose ahead of time to me that if the BGC gets delayed, they will not be releasing the gun. Perhaps some signage or a notice you sign would be a good innovation. But verbal... seems awkward and clunky. When the BGC fails is USUALLY when you find out the policy. Might be good to ask ahead of time rather than assuming. First time gun buyers learn lots of things the hard way.
Or maybe they could put up a sign.

I had multiple positive experiences at Tropics with gun transfers etc. Then I had a couple negative one's. I'll never step foot in their store(s) again.

Dan and his crew at Sporting Systems now get my business whenever possible. YMMV, of course.

Complaining about FFL'S or gun stores is a bit unfair in my opinion the blame should be on us as many gun owners and like minded won't take the time to vote,
It is our elected officials that are behind WA gun buying mess
Until folks stop voting their freedom away this is what happens
When the repeal 1639 was going around not enough folks took the time to sign it ,
In my opinion which may be wrong the anti gun elected officials will continue to toss in the monkey wrench.

Or maybe they could put up a sign.
:p ;) :D

No, you can be Rorschach. But not the one you're thinking of:

View attachment 979051
as long as i get to be Dr Manhattan

images77.jpg

The point was I'm not the only one to complain about their policy. I did not know this when I went there. Yes they can do whatever they want. I will just look elsewhere for someone who will release a firearm after 10 business days like law states.
Let me know if you find one.;)

A bit off topic but I went back to bimart in orchards and ask why the total shutdown of the guns and ammo ,
they said that this bimart "orchards" had their license to sale guns and ammo has expired and being in Clark county and Clark county back ground system being down they are stuck in the mud , what I did not know is
the the Manager of that bi mart has to pass the background check with finger prints for them to sale guns and ammo at that store
So they are held up on the Manager's background check and the buyer's check
I was really suppressed as to why a Manager needs to be cleared for a retail store to sale guns or ammo
And with Biden's statement today to start using the gun dealers responsible for gun crimes I can
understand why an FFL would walk softly and not push things to the limit
look at it this way say the Manger of bimart says ok it has been past the required time to clear your background check so here is you gun , then if the guy goes sideways and commits a crime with the gun
the ATF can go after the manager of bimart and bimart itself.
Who is going to take that risk

Just a thought about this - maybe FFLs keep the 10 day issue quiet as chances are a lot of people do NOT know about it and simply assume if their BGC is delayed then they have to wait until it clears to take possession of the gun.

I'll admit I only learned about it a coupe years ago, and by reading about it on this forum.

I have never failed a BGC or had one delayed so if I hadn't read about it I might still not know.

I agree with the idea of signage, or maybe a form for the customer to sign to prevent problems in the event the delay exceeds 10 days.

Last Edited:
It's not quite like that, although it would seem so to the average viewer.
When Tropics got "overrun" they had to go to an appointment system.
I for one was not interested in adapting to that system.
Hell if I had a small business and had to option of being a secret and have some customers or having so many customers they made appointments to give me their money? Seems like an easy one to me but, I of course am not putting up my money to start one.
Of course one thing that could well be coming into play here is the current administration is proudly announcing they plan to start yanking the FFL of dealers they "deem" to be doing it "wrong". Given that the current administration is the most openly corrupt I have seen in my lifetime? I can't see a lot of FFL's wanting to get their attention.
Last couple hand guns Wife and I bought they just sent them home with us after the mandatory wait. No idea when they finally got the OK from the state. Now I VERY much doubt they did this for everyone though. We had been dealing with them from the time they opened and of course both have CPL's. They gave up sadly anyway which I was sorry to see. Not looking forward to the next time I go to buy now and having to deal with this damn mess :mad:

Last Edited:
here is a link to Biden's anti gun plan released today , we are in for an uphill battle and puts FFL's on notice

So follow current law?

I'm not sure how big of an issue FFLs selling guns out the back door is.

I just think Biden and the Garland DOJ are a bunch of virtue signaling morons.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top