JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I guess next time I buy a gun and need a transfer it won't be there. I should've looked on line and found one that would give me my gun after 10 days. Spoke with Vancouver PD today and they said I could get it after that 10 day window as they are still having computer problems. I also have a ccp that I've had for over 20 yrs. Wont be doing business there any longer,beware!

I guess next time I buy a gun and need a transfer it won't be there. I should've looked on line and found one that would give me my gun after 10 days. Spoke with Vancouver PD today and they said I could get it after that 10 day window as they are still having computer problems. I also have a ccp that I've had for over 20 yrs. Wont be doing business there any longer,beware!
Really? Did not know Vancouver PD sold guns. Do they have good prices? Good selection?
Assuming you are in WA State do you have a CPL? LOT of us have pistols we carry concealed, with a CPL.
I have to "guess" what has you steamed up here is you just found out that years ago law makers in WA dropped the ball for gun owners? That few gun owners here who should vote bothered to keep up with what is going on? So now you want to publicly give some FFL the what for?
:s0092:
As always happens with not only gun law but with pretty much all laws and rules, WAY too many voting age residents can not be bothered with paying attention to what is going on until some new rule or law smacks them. Then they of course aim their anger not at the incompetent/ often corrupt law makers but, at someone else.

Really? Did not know Vancouver PD sold guns. Do they have good prices? Good selection?
Assuming you are in WA State do you have a CPL? LOT of us have pistols we carry concealed, with a CPL.
I have to "guess" what has you steamed up here is you just found out that years ago law makers in WA dropped the ball for gun owners? That few gun owners here who should vote bothered to keep up with what is going on? So now you want to publicly give some FFL the what for?
:s0092:
As always happens with not only gun law but with pretty much all laws and rules, WAY too many voting age residents can not be bothered with paying attention to what is going on until some new rule or law smacks them. Then they of course aim their anger not at the incompetent/ often corrupt law makers but, at someone else.
QFT!

I don't recall saying that I bought it from Vancouver PD, they are the ones I was told was doing the bgc. And tropics policy is they won't release the gun till after they get confirmation from them. Even after 10 business days, so there you have it edison.

Washington laws baffle me... that is why I try to stay in Oregon if I can! I bought a gun a few weeks ago in Oregon. When I was in the shop they told me I was 11th in line and to wait in the store should only be a few minutes. Well 15 minutes later they tell me that OPD reviewed my purchase and they placed me in the 3800 person Que... They told they would call me back in a few weeks. I am sitting there thinking to myself why the hell did I get put in the que? The moment I get home after a 25 minute car ride I get a phone call! Who's on the other line? None other than the gun store employee that filed my paper " hi this is ___ for some reason the system was messing up your gun has been approved you can pick it up." I drove down there right away got it and walked right out. Before I had my CHL I had to wait 4K ques for like 2-3 weeks it's a sh*ty feeling! Hang in there bud you will get it eventually!

Gosh darn it, I want my pistol while I'm still mad!

Yes it's annoying and the people of Washington decided that's fine. Don't be mad at your chosen FFL for following the law, nowhere did it say they must release a weapon after 10 days, just that they can. If they choose not to, it's probably because we live in a litigious society and they don't want to deal with a lawsuit when someone does something dumb before they get a bonafide "proceed"

I don't recall saying that I bought it from Vancouver PD, they are the ones I was told was doing the bgc. And tropics policy is they won't release the gun till after they get confirmation from them. Even after 10 business days, so there you have it edison.
I would opine our esteemed member was pointing out that Vancouver PD has no skin in the game if they are wrong so they can say whatever the hell they want.

Anyway, that's My guess, Tesla.

After the legal 10 day wait it is the LE's burden to reriever the firearm. So I'm told by FFL's that do release after 10 days...or some who wait 30.
So the police have to go retrieve it? Then what? You get it from them? That doesn't sound right but then again WA laws have changed quite a bit since I was kicking around Puget Sound.

Seems it is up to gun shop if they want to release firearm after 10 days. https://www.kiro7.com/news/gun-purc...ks-unresolved-within-waiting-period/63847833/

Under Washington state law, staff members at licensed gun shops have the discretion to sell a gun to a customer after 10 business days, even if the customer's background check has not yet come back with a resolution.
National system says OK to release firearm after 3 days
A spokesperson for the NICS system (National Instant Criminal Background Check System,) directed KIRO 7 to this quote from their website: "If the FFL [federal firearms licensee] has not received from the NICS a final determination after three business days have elapsed since the delay response, it is within the FFL's discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm."

Washington laws baffle me... that is why I try to stay in Oregon if I can! I bought a gun a few weeks ago in Oregon. When I was in the shop they told me I was 11th in line and to wait in the store should only be a few minutes. Well 15 minutes later they tell me that OPD reviewed my purchase and they placed me in the 3800 person Que... They told they would call me back in a few weeks. I am sitting there thinking to myself why the hell did I get put in the que? The moment I get home after a 25 minute car ride I get a phone call! Who's on the other line? None other than the gun store employee that filed my paper " hi this is ___ for some reason the system was messing up your gun has been approved you can pick it up." I drove down there right away got it and walked right out. Before I had my CHL I had to wait 4K ques for like 2-3 weeks it's a sh*ty feeling! Hang in there bud you will get it eventually!
The system OR has, while certainly not perfect, is what the Feds tried to tell WA law makers they needed to come up with. WA law makers had far more important things to do with their time and ignored the Feds for many years. Finally the Feds said we gave you a chance, we are done. So now we have this mess. As you see on the net a LOT, many gun owners in this state could have cared less all these years. It did not effect them. Now that it does many of them want to aim their anger at everyone except the law makers who they ignored. :s0092:

So the police have to go retrieve it? Then what? You get it from them? That doesn't sound right but then again WA laws have changed quite a bit since I was kicking around Puget Sound.
Couple FFL's here have mentioned this since this mess started. Said what they do is call the buyer, tell them they need to bring the gun back. If they refuse I guess the FFL reports them to the authorities. The FFL has their money so not sure how many would be stupid enough to want to say no, screw you, and wait for some law enforcement to show up at the door saying they want the gun.
Again though this is sadly the result of voters who ignored what was going on until it finally caused them some pain :s0054:

Seems it is up to gun shop if they want to release firearm after 10 days. https://www.kiro7.com/news/gun-purc...ks-unresolved-within-waiting-period/63847833/

National system says OK to release firearm after 3 days
I take it you have not had a disagreement with the Gubmint before?

In plain English, the FFL can release the firearm under the circumstances stipulated.

But anyone who has ever made a payroll knows when the Gov't rules contradict, the citizen pays the price.

The FFL that releases such a weapon prior to the BGC coming back runs the risk of having to defend that position, in court, with real dollars, if Inslee's stooges have a different interpretation of the law.

The FFL has to weigh the cost of defending their lawful actions.

That is NOT a hypothetical. That is the actual dilemma.

The point was I'm not the only one to complain about their policy. I did not know this when I went there. Yes they can do whatever they want. I will just look elsewhere for someone who will release a firearm after 10 business days like law states.

Couple FFL's here have mentioned this since this mess started. Said what they do is call the buyer, tell them they need to bring the gun back. If they refuse I guess the FFL reports them to the authorities. The FFL has their money so not sure how many would be stupid enough to want to say no, screw you, and wait for some law enforcement to show up at the door saying they want the gun.
Again though this is sadly the result of voters who ignored what was going on until it finally caused them some pain :s0054:
Well that makes sense. I guess I was confused as I assumed this was a legal purchase with a completed and passed BGC.

I will just look elsewhere for someone who will release a firearm after 10 business days like law states.
The law says they CAN not that they must.

I doubt you will ever find 'someone' who will arbitrarily release a firearm after 10 days, or will even commit to it. Far too many variables.

Heck I once denied the sale of a gun in Oregon (pre SB 941) to a guy who 'didn't look (or act) 'right'. I even offered to pay the BGC at a local dealer but he wouldn't 'do' a BGC. Say La Vee !

Last Edited:
There are plenty of FFLs that will release a firearm after the allotted time. Always ask their policy before purchasing.

I think every FFL should. The government has a limited amount of time to get their bubblegum together and get the BGC done, then the gun should be yours. The burden should be on them so they can't arbitrarily deny someone their rights by dragging their feet, since they don't have any real incentive to hurry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top