JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't made an ad hominem attack on you... as I said, I was being charitable towards a member that was obviously incurring a lot of wrath from other members.

Report me if you think otherwise.

I haven't made an ad hominem attack on you... as I said, I was being charitable towards a member that was obviously incurring a lot of wrath from other members.
LOL. Responding with ad hom to being called out for ad hom. Classic. NB: I can take care of myself, thank you.

Factual rebuttal

Since we're both in such a charitable mood: The argumentum ad hominem fallacy does not have to be an attack, though it can be. It is simply an error in logic. It literally means "argument to the man," ie lacking any substantive rebuttal, the opposing party will either blatantly or covertly shift the subject matter from the topic at hand to the person(s) on the other side of the discussion, and in doing so conceding the point de facto.

You did this when you tried to suggest I needed your "help" posting on this forum and that such help was a form of charity, assuming I'd neglected to deploy the proper emoji to indicate my comments to MikeJ were satirical. Once I directed you to the original post in question where it was clear that I had indeed used a funny laughing smiley face to indicate my post about being blocked by another member for asking for a source was proffered in a joking, jovial way, you ignored my factual evidence and doubled down on the fallacy that I needed your charity as if the actual photographic evidence I presented as counterpoint to your gratuitous conjecture did not even exist. This is another fallacy: Argumetum ad ignorantia invinciblis (aka "invincible ignorance"). Not calling you ignorant, FWIW, merely pointing out you committed the fallacy.

Report me if you think otherwise.
You don't have to worry, I don't report people to moderators. We can work this out as men. My participation in this discussion has now come to its end. I grant you the last word.

Last Edited:
Once I directed you to the original post in question where it was clear that I had indeed used a funny laughing smiley face to indicate my post about being blocked by another member for asking for a source was proffered in a joking, jovial way,
I must have missed that, I apologize PROFUSELY for not being able to see well because of eye damage. My bad.
subject matter from the topic at hand to the person(s) on the other side of the discussion, and in doing so conceding the point de facto.
Nope, the "subject at hand" was Tropical Pawn. We were already way off topic, and that was not started by me... covertly or blatantly.. You seemed to be in a lot of trouble with other members, all I was doing was trying to help. You don't want my kindly offered help, fine, I get that. But your false intellectual blathering and continual deflection is beyond my limited ability to cope with BS.

Thanx for playing! Cýa next time!!!

I must have missed that, I apologize PROFUSELY for not being able to see well because of eye damage. My bad.

Nope, the "subject at hand" was Tropical Pawn. We were already way off topic, and that was not started by me... covertly or blatantly.. You seemed to be in a lot of trouble with other members, all I was doing was trying to help. You don't want my kindly offered help, fine, I get that. But your false intellectual blathering and continual deflection is beyond my limited ability to cope with BS.

Thanx for playing! Cýa next time!!!
We used to have a kid in our neighborhood who would kick every mailbox as he walked down the street. Every day. When called out on it, of course he'd swear he never did any such thing. It got tiring telling him not to and then hearing the same BS from him. He did stop eventually. Not voluntarily.

What were we talking about again? :rolleyes:

Ha Ha Ha, I'm so lost reading the most recent part of this thread.

I'm like, why is this GripItAndRipIt guy arguing with himself? Then I realized that I'm missing posts 135,137,139,142,144,146 from the thread.

The member that blocked me must have done me a real favor. 🤏

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top