JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you serious?
There are some cops that cross the line but you gotta do better than this.
Those reporters are scum. They don't care if you live or die, or if your security is breached just that they get the shot and can sell it to someone.

Obviously that guy was too close to the scene and had probably been wrned several times of how close he can be. Kept pushing and then because he wouldn't listen went to jail. How is taht the cops fault?

These are the same people who want your CHL info out to the public.

Are you serious?
There are some cops that cross the line but you gotta do better than this.
Those reporters are scum. They don't care if you live or die, or if your security is breached just that they get the shot and can sell it to someone.

Obviously that guy was too close to the scene and had probably been wrned several times of how close he can be. Kept pushing and then because he wouldn't listen went to jail. How is taht the cops fault?

These are the same people who want your CHL info out to the public.

Actually, yes I am quite serious.

"Don't tell me how to talk to you! Do you want to go to jail?"

As much as I often despise the press the reporter was correct in this case that there was no reason for the officer to be speaking to him in that manner. Last I checked there was no law in any state that made it a crime to tell a police officer how he should be speaking to you.

Just my thoughts and you are welcome to have your differing opinion, that is what makes this country so great!

Actually, yes I am quite serious.

"Don't tell me how to talk to you! Do you want to go to jail?"

As much as I often despise the press the reporter was correct in this case that there was no reason for the officer to be speaking to him in that manner. Last I checked there was no law in any state that made it a crime to tell a police officer how he should be speaking to you.

Just my thoughts and you are welcome to have your differing opinion, that is what makes this country so great!

If I'm pushing the police and not following their instruction, then yeah I guess I would want to go to jail. The reporter wasn't correct. The police were telling him to back off and he just moved someone other than where the officer asked him to. So he goes to jail. They were going after the other guy with the camera, probably because he was where he should have been.
You can say whatever you want to cops, and they can't do anything. But if they tell you to do something you should probably do.

If they have a problem with that then they could file a complaint.

This is just a little pissing match, nothing to see here move along.

Wow, since when the the free exchange of ideas and thoughts in a civil manner become a "pissing match"??

I stated before and I will again that I welcome cc's opinion, even when it clearly differs from mine. At some point a thought might expressed by he or myself that will sway the others opinion or perhaps not, but it is still a healthy and civil exchange. But, since it bothers you so much, I will also respect your opinion and continue to chat with cc through PM if he cares to.

OK I see what happened here, I meant a pissing match between the cop and the reporter.:winkkiss:

I was poking fun at the title of the post in light of the other posts with a similar title, I feel this indiscretion isn't as serious as the 100 mile inland check points, aka bad blanket policy as compared to a bad decision.

It wasn't my intention to stop discussion though, please carry on.

Well in that case I'll keep pissing.

I understand your guys side of the argument. I've been harassed by cops, I've seen cops that were less than honorable.
But you can't blame cops in general. And these guys have to deal with the scum of the scum on a daily basis and can't barely look at them funny without someone screaming free speech or assault.
So I'm trying to get the point across to give them a break. No matter where or when you look up online you can find someone acting out of line, was this cops in the wrong, probably..Is he a bad cop, probably not.
We all have our bad days and when someone continually pushes you sometime you snap. Cops are supposed to be composed at all times. But their still human and you never hear about the good things cops do, but reporters and people with cameras can't wait to criminalize these people.
I tell you what if I was a cop I don't know that I could control myself in half the situations they get in. Could you?
What the cop did was overly aggressive, but is he really trying to show his muscle, and take away the guys rights? I seriously doubt it.

And I would have liked to see the rest of this video. The guy obviously did something to piss that cop off. Even if it was something stupid.
These guys show amazing composure in the worst of situations, but anybody who gets pushed enough pushes back sooner or later.

Well in that case I'll keep pissing.

I understand your guys side of the argument. I've been harassed by cops, I've seen cops that were less than honorable.
But you can't blame cops in general. And these guys have to deal with the scum of the scum on a daily basis and can't barely look at them funny without someone screaming free speech or assault.
So I'm trying to get the point across to give them a break. No matter where or when you look up online you can find someone acting out of line, was this cops in the wrong, probably..Is he a bad cop, probably not.
We all have our bad days and when someone continually pushes you sometime you snap. Cops are supposed to be composed at all times. But their still human and you never hear about the good things cops do, but reporters and people with cameras can't wait to criminalize these people.
I tell you what if I was a cop I don't know that I could control myself in half the situations they get in. Could you?
What the cop did was overly aggressive, but is he really trying to show his muscle, and take away the guys rights? I seriously doubt it.

And I would have liked to see the rest of this video. The guy obviously did something to piss that cop off. Even if it was something stupid.
These guys show amazing composure in the worst of situations, but anybody who gets pushed enough pushes back sooner or later.

I completely understand what you are saying, and as I stated in OP, I know there are good cops out there and this guy may very well be one of them. I originally posted two videos of aggressive cops with the comment about increasing aggressive behavior. That was all I was trying to convey.

Check out this video and you will see an example of a cop who maintains his composure VERY well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bg84g8NnnE

This also serves as a good example of "things are not always what they appear to be. At first I was appalled but after a little research on the situation, I found the officer was completely in the right for "throwing the owner off his own property" as stated in the video title.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top