JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you...
I do for the most part have a no-nonsense attitude....

However....in the interest of honesty :
I do bend the forum rules at times...sometimes for my benefit...at other times to best fit the situation.
With that said...I am also willing to accept the consequences and blame for my actions.

As for the Constitution ...
It says what it says....if one has questions about the wording...a dictionary will be helpful.
I would suggest that one goes by the actual wording and intent...as opposed to what one wants , wishes or thinks that the wording and intent means.

The 2nd Amendment...
Own what you want....or not as the case may be....Just don't make that choice for others.

Andy
Ok, these are words well thought out and always eloquently spoken. I'm with @trevi here, @Andy54Hawken 2024! Hey @Joe Link, how about a raise for Andy? Just having fun tonight and very appreciative for this fair moderator and idea from another forum member.

It's still alllll political driven or none of this would be happening now that we're discussing. And in my opinion, if we can't discuss it here, then we aren't aren't any better than the antis and liberals who are pushing thier agendas on our backs trying to take away our FREEDOMS. FREEDOM MEANS EXACTLY THAT...FREEDOM. NOT SENSURE SHIP.

In my opinion if we start sensuring too many things (that's what our faithful so called leaders in WA DC are doing to us now) members here have to say here, well, then we're headed down a slippery slope we won't ever climb back up out of. Then the antis and liberals will win it all, and our hobbies and traditions will be a thing of the past

That's a story I don't EVER want to have to tell my grandkids about how we messed up and let the liberals steal our freedoms and thier freedoms forever because we did the wrong things.

Remember what happened in nazi Germany with the Jewish people when they were silenced. Millions went to the gas chambers because they were silenced so thier words could not be heard. History repeats it's self for those who forget history. Then they are held accountable for it.

We are in a BATTLE for our most sacred freedoms and ALL NEED to be heard I think. Good ideas or bad. We can't pattie cake this stuff or we are doomed period.

Last Edited:
It's still alllll political driven or none of this would be happening now that we're discussing. And in my opinion, if we can't discuss it here, then we aren't aren't any better than the antis and liberals who are pushing thier agendas on our backs trying to take away our FREEDOMS. FREEDOM MEANS EXACTLY THAT...FREEDOM. NOT SENSURE SHIP.

In my opinion if we start sensuring too many things (that's what our faithful so called leaders in WA DC are doing to us now) members here have to say here, well, then we're headed down a slippery slope we won't ever climb back up out of. Then the antis and liberals will win it all, and our hobbies and traditions will be a thing of the past

That's a story I don't EVER want to have to tell my grandkids about how we messed up and let the liberals steal our freedoms and thier freedoms forever because we did the wrong things.

Remember what happened in nazi Germany with the Jewish people when they were silenced. Millions went to the gas chambers because they were silenced so thier words could not be heard. History repeats it's self for those who forget history. Then they are held accountable for it.

We are in a BATTLE for our most sacred freedoms and ALL NEED to be heard I think. Good ideas or bad. We can't pattie cake this stuff or we are doomed period.
Nope.

There are a lot of anti gun people that are GUNg HO, no pun intended, on getting rid of ALL ammunition that contains lead.

They will say it is due to the LEAD ISSUE (Health issue.) but deep down in their brain - it is ALL ABOUT BANNING ALL AMMUNITION.

No ammo?

Fake/real so called shortages - ongoing salami every so many years for some people who could not or did not plan ahead. Or they were overseas and not stateside or OLD enough - age wise to buy guns/ammo/etc.

Plus with some STATE GUN restrictions and not only county/city gun laws.

Ration ammo?

More control of YOU!

Gun control = people control.

Have them tell YOU where you can shoot/plink/hunt or not shoot ammo with LEAD in it or THEY will slowly expand (Or speed up!) ALL OF THE AREAS where you can't shoot your small amount or LARGE AMOUNT of ammo that some of you already own/store PLUS all of your reloading stock IF you choose to reload.

And in MY opinion these control freaks - ZEALOTS will tell you that you can't use any LEAD AMMO for self defense too. I believe that will happen down the road too!

They want to get rid of ammunition with lead and it is not only for 'hunting' ammo or anything that has to do with fishing too.

They will use the LEAD REASON and continue on with their control freak AGENDA.

I have said for years on end that THEY = the control freaks, the nut jobs with an agenda and power hungry ZEALOTS (From ALL sides!) will easily control the ammo flow plus some NOT all gun people contributed to the fake/real shortages.

Again: Got ammo?

I said that they WILL GO AFTER reloading supplies too. Some people said that I was NUTS in saying that but I believe it to be true and I do NOT even reload or have the desire to do this! I am NOT knocking people who CHOOSE TO RELOAD or LIKE TO RELOAD when I say what I choose to do for MYSELF here.

(I thought about getting INTO reloading many years ago with my late husband but he got cancer/died and I did NOT have the desire to do this myself after that time frame.)

My MT husband has reloaded since the early 70's. But he does NOT reload as much as he did in the past and he shoots LESS rounds per range trip even though he does GO to the range on a VERY regular basis. He shoots more RF rifles too. I support his reloading and help him too.

BOTH of us used to be HIGH volume shooters too. He no longer competes. I shoot very little now with my physical issues but I keep up my safety skills.

He still HUNTS. I do not hunt and I never did hunt. Even though I do not hunt - I think that all of this lead ban is a bunch of hooey aka salami! I support SANE, SAFE and good hunters!

He did shoot a LOT in helping some of our rancher friends and took an elderly friend with him to take care of gophers at their ranch. He made several trips to help out his friends at THEIR REQUEST with their usual varmint control. He has done this for 20-30 years or more (?).

I have said in the past that I thought that THEY would go AFTER black powder supplies too. I have read that people can make their own b/p stuff too.

They will USE the EXCUSE of LEAD ISSUES but in the end - I believe that is not the REAL or only issue at hand.

IT is about ammo - NO ammo = no or hardly any shooting and that does not only mean HUNTING AMMO.

A LOT of these people do NOT even like people who GO FISHING or get crabs, lobsters, dig for clams, etc. And it is NOT due to some 'religious reason' in their belief system LAWS.

Some of them do not eat any meat or ANY TYPE or meat, NO fish, NO eggs, no cheese, etc.

I figure to each their OWN = let them eat what they CHOOSE to eat but don't tell hunters and fishermen what they can HUNT or CATCH and eat PLUS feed the poor and TEACH THE POOR 'HOW TO FISH and HUNT'!

These people or MANY OF THEM demanded the masks, kill - sick shots, HUGE shut downs here stateside and IN all nations and THE GREAT RESET.

Right now, with the price of MEAT and all other FOOD from a to z - a WORKING man with a family or one who helps his extended family and OLD relatives does NOT need to be told that he can't HUNT or fish unless he BUYS SOME EXPENSIVE AMMO which he may or may NOT be able to FIND and BUY easily!

I used to LOOK at ammunition a LOT and OFTEN but not as much now with different cartridges, types, grains and prices.

I do look ONLINE even though we bought and buy in our LOCAL STORES (RF - 22lr/22wmr mainly, .380acp for his last Glock pistol, a bit of 30-30 Win.) when we bought it or buy it. I keep an eye out but I am not glued to the computer prices or calling stores.

My husband keeps an eye out on PRICES and STOCK in the stores even though he is not buying and does not need any ammo or reloading supplies.

He likes to keep up on the prices/stock NOW as he did all of his life and he goes right by several stores on his way to and from the gym and his daily walk.

I do KNOW that lead free ammo is HARD TO FIND and IF you can find it - it is more expensive.

I can't see HIM buying lead free CF/RF ammo. And if he was FORCED TO DO THIS or not shoot?! Holy moly! Man - that would be hard to deal with.

PLUS with what HE planned AHEAD FOR, saved up for, bought and LIVED within HIS BUDGET - lived within his means for his retirement and all of his life working.

ADDED MORE HERE above and below.

I sure would NOT be buying ANY LEAD FREE AMMO for my VERY SMALL amount of shooting.

I gave him my last 2 firearms - the 2 SWEET and beautiful CZ bolt action rifles with iron sights in 22lr and 22wmr.

He might buy a couple of boxes of LEAD FREE AMMO if he was FORCED TO DO THIS or not have a hunting or self defense firearm to shoot in some NEW AREA that the sons of guns would FORCE their salami on. Beats me there.

And what would people do with ALL OF THEIR STUFF? We have LESS ON HAND now ON PURPOSE in our senior years but it would NOT be sane or ECONOMICAL to just THROW AWAY everything that you worked for and saved up for your ammo and reloading stock on hand! I can't see him or most people doing that frankly.

People LOST A LOT out here with the floods and fires. Including some so called PREPARED people. LOST it all of almost all of it. Try and replace that STUFF even with an up to date insurance policy and I am not just talking about firearms but ammo/reloading stock AND everything else in your household - small or large!

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! Gee, does that not include ammunition?! YES, IT DOES INCLUDE YOUR AMMUNITION or B/P to make your guns shoot and not just be a CLUB! OR you will be forced to go to your special piece of land and ONLY shoot there.

I am LOOKING for HIS Christmas gift which will be .380acp LEAD ammo from ME to HIM ahead of time too. I am looking for any sales AHEAD of time around here. I lucked out for him last Christmas time in doing this. I planned ahead so that his special order NIB gun would have the AMMO for it. WE decided that he would not reload for this - another caliber.

Even in 22lr. When he got rid of most of our RN ammo and went to HP more since I was shooting FAR, far less and we were downsizing some more and consolidating ALL of our supplies, stock and firearms in ALL CALIBERS... I kept records PLUS looked for more HP 22lr for him. Plus ammo for the 22wmr rifles.

And when I did the RF search - I was BLOWN AWAY at some of the RF lead free ammo prices plus for the CF lead free ammo prices too!

There were MANY LEAD FREE items (RF/CF) that were NOT in stock and could not even be back-ordered ONLINE (Which we do not do.) and even in the LOCAL STORES. I am NOT knocking people who buy ONLINE even if we do not CHOOSE to do this.

Side note: Not all people hunt with a BOW of any type and even when SOME of them did hunt with a bow - they got OUT of bow hunting since they prefer a RIFLE to hunt with.

Old Lady Cate

Typos and added more.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR