JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So does this mean all the 9mm and 40 S&W ammo that was bought for Fish and Game and Parks and Recreation is no longer acceptable as they do use it to put down hurt game animals and bad humans.

Or are they exempt like ever other law enforcement agency from the law we little people have to abide by!

rock and roll GIF

Sooo...
I can't listen to these fellas when I drive up to my hunting area any more...?
OH...wait ...you said Lead ,...not Led....:D
Andy

Please click & oppose Biden's lead ammo ban on Federal Lands

Done!

Didn't California ban all lead ammo awhile back? How do they stop individuals from bringing lead ammo into the state and going shooting in the state forests with family and friends?

Seems to me one cannot legislate lead ammo out of existence. How much raw materials do true shooters have put up, just in case….

How is this for backdoor gun control. From GOA:

Rep. Don Beyer has introduced a bill in the House (HR 8051) that will impose a 1,000% FEDERAL TAX on a vast number of semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns – and every magazine holding more than ten rounds.​
Beyer claims this tax could be passed with JUST 50 votes in the Senate through reconciliation, with Kamala Harris casting the tie-breaking vote.

OUCH!!!

How is this for backdoor gun control. From GOA:

Rep. Don Beyer has introduced a bill in the House (HR 8051) that will impose a 1,000% FEDERAL TAX on a vast number of semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns – and every magazine holding more than ten rounds.​

Beyer claims this tax could be passed with JUST 50 votes in the Senate through reconciliation, with Kamala Harris casting the tie-breaking vote.

OUCH!!!
That'll just usher in a generation of federal politics where democrats are not in control…

So….

Better hurry up…. November is a coming…

Never had a wounded animal run off and not get recovered.
Any that I have hit...have been good solid hits with clean , quick kills.
And again...all of my hits have also been pass through...no lead to recover from the animal .
Andy
Ditto on all, except.... I don't always use ball, not always 100% pass throughs and I HAVE recovered portions and fragments from boolits when dressing or processing my animals.

I guess you could argue... I left no trace and even packed out my expended lead. :s0155:

I think part of the point being missed is that it truly is a control issue more than environmental. Once they ban lead, the next step is to ban foreign object introduction into wildlife habitats. Steel and copper pellets/rounds/boolits presenting choking hazzards, organ and reproductive damage to wildlife.

The goal. Eliminate hunting and you can argue that no one hunts any more so firearms are no longer necessary for the general public with a few exceptions. Like competetive shooting and such. Much like the UK or Japan.

Last Edited:
Ditto on all, except.... I don't always use ball, not always 100% pass throughs and I HAVE recovered portions and fragments from boolits when dressing or processing my animals.

I guess you could argue... I left no trace and even packed out my expended lead. :s0155:
Yup...Round ball and bullets are just alike...only different... :D

When I have hunted with a centerfire rifle...I have at times come across bullet fragments or a chuck of cooper jacket.
Not always...but at times....

As I said with round ball I haven't recovered any of my shot round ball...
All that really means is that I haven't ....yet.
Come to think of it...I never recovered any Minie Ball Bullets either , the times I hunted with a Rifled Musket...Hmmm.....
Andy

Last Edited:
Oh, I'm sure there are a few morons who did.
Sadly a LOT of both gun owners and people who want freedom did and will again. Many love to tell themselves it does not happen but the proof is right in front of them. Some inane new anti gun law goes in, for years gun owners take to the net having just found out about it and boy are they mad. So if they had no idea this law was coming and then passed who do people think these people voted for? If they did not vote at all they voted for the winner, who is now hosing them.
On top of that how many people who should know better tell anyone who will listen to them that people like Joe never won, its all "rigged" so they do not vote. That's great except they also helped people like him win. Its not just Fed either. This state and OR are great examples of the same people refusing to lift a finger but get over the top mad when new anti gun laws come down on them. If they keep refusing to participate they are helping the wrong people win. I guess it makes them "feel better" to keep saying they would not help if they bothered. This becomes self fulfilling. :(

Not the point of my post....
And I did say :
"...Or through other means."

There is a time and place for a smart azz remark...this is not one of those times.
Andy
Forgive my interruption.....

Andy For President, anyone?

He has a no nonesense attitude (it seems, follows thread rules to the T). Let us just imagine how he'd follow the Constitution.

And, loves 2A!

Forgive my interruption.....

Andy For President, anyone?

He has a no nonesense attitude (it seems, follows thread rules to the T). Let us just imagine how he'd follow the Constitution.

And, loves 2A!
Thank you...
I do for the most part have a no-nonsense attitude....

However....in the interest of honesty :
I do bend the forum rules at times...sometimes for my benefit...at other times to best fit the situation.
With that said...I am also willing to accept the consequences and blame for my actions.

As for the Constitution ...
It says what it says....if one has questions about the wording...a dictionary will be helpful.
I would suggest that one goes by the actual wording and intent...as opposed to what one wants , wishes or thinks that the wording and intent means.

The 2nd Amendment...
Own what you want....or not as the case may be....Just don't make that choice for others.

Andy

I think part of the point being missed is that it truly is a control issue more than environmental. Once they ban lead, the next step is to ban foreign object introduction into wildlife habitats. Steel and copper pellets/rounds/boolits presenting choking hazzards, organ and reproductive damage to wildlife.

The goal. Eliminate hunting and you can argue that no one hunts any more so firearms are no longer necessary for the general public with a few exceptions. Like competetive shooting and such. Much like the UK or Japan.
Bring on the robo pooch w/gun

That dog won't hunt?

Bismuth is the only thing I know of that has the similar density and hardness of lead. It is also quite expensive.
Yeah, just doing some light reading (https://www.kupferinstitut.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Factsheet_Bismut-als-Bleiersatz_English.pdf) it's much rarer, long-term effects seem to be unknown, and it requires much more processing/filtering to actually be put to good use.

It is used in lead-free shotgun ammo currently, though I've never known anyone who uses it.

Yeah, just doing some light reading (https://www.kupferinstitut.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Factsheet_Bismut-als-Bleiersatz_English.pdf) it's much rarer, long-term effects seem to be unknown, and it requires much more processing/filtering to actually be put to good use.

It is used in lead-free shotgun ammo currently, though I've never known anyone who uses it.
For the traditional ml hunters here is what I found about bismuth. It is much cheaper than I thought based on loaded shotgun shells with bismuth.

And here is a guy that did some testing casting his own bismuth round balls.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top