JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Again voters. Keep voting in people like Joe, this is what you get. They will not stop until they start losing their jobs over these kind of rules and laws. If gun owners get tired of it and a few lose their job? Watch how fast the rest of them suddenly "appear" to be pro gun. :s0092:

Before we get too damn far , down the who actually got elected road...Stop.
'Cause that road intersects with a dead end street / closed thread.

Lets keep the comments here to gun control , be it by blatant measures , proposals , etc...or through other means.

Andy

Last Edited:
Honestly, if I hunt again it will be with monolithics. I'm not so much worried about lead in the forest as I am lead in my meat.

Varmints and predator control, I'm not as willing to spend the money on a non lead bullet. As for fishing I'm not aware of a decent non lead weight but I'm a bit out of touch. Bottom line for me, though, is the freedom to choose what works best for you UNLESS they can demonstrate a compelling reason to do otherwise, which they have not.

If this is a backdoor attack on firearms by undermining our outdoor traditions (remember how they like to conflate the Second with hunting) then we need to educate and introduce others to outdoor sports. Take the kids, grandkids, and their friends fishing. Same with hunting. Outreach to others who haven't had the experience.

Ultimately this gets resolved at the ballot box, but that won't happen without exposure and education.

Interesting enough ...
With any of the big game that I have taken with my .54 Hawken...using a .530 lead round ball...
I have never recovered a spent round ball...all have been a complete pass through.
Big Game taken :
Coyote
Deer
Antelope
Elk
Black Bear.

Any of parts of the animal that are left after field dressing / cleaning...have been lead free.
Andy

So does this mean the Military will be going to a solid steel or Bismuth core for all of its ammunition as they have been hunting humans for centuries.

Just asking

Interesting enough ...
With any of the big game that I have taken with my .54 Hawken...using a .530 lead round ball...
I have never recovered a spent round ball...all have been a complete pass through.
Big Game taken :
Coyote
Deer
Antelope
Elk
Black Bear.

Any of parts of the animal that are left after field dressing / cleaning...have been lead free.
Andy
The commies say YOUR wounded animals that run off with YOUR lead boolits are poisining ALL the critters in the food chain.
YOU, Andy54Hawken, YOU, YOU'RE the problem with lead poisoning the WHOLE world, with YOUR wounded game thay runs off to die with YOUR lead.
(Don't let them figure out the only lead you've left in the wild is the odd pass through ball).
When I was in CA, the cork-soaking commies said you can't shoot lead rimfire in CA Condor habitat/range. Mind you, they were in a tiny bit of central CA. However.....the map of prohibited Condor range was two HUGE area that just happened to coincide with public land that used to be open to shooting.

Joe

The commies say YOUR wounded animals that run off with YOUR lead boolits are poisining ALL the critters in the food chain.
YOU, Andy54Hawken, YOU, YOU'RE the problem with lead poisoning the WHOLE world, with YOUR wounded game thay runs off to die with YOUR lead.
(Don't let them figure out the only lead you've left in the wild is the odd pass through ball).
When I was in CA, the cork-soaking commies said you can't shoot lead rimfire in CA Condor habitat/range. Mind you, they were in a tiny bit of central CA. However.....the map of prohibited Condor range was two HUGE area that just happened to coincide with public land that used to be open to shooting.

Joe
Never had a wounded animal run off and not get recovered.
Any that I have hit...have been good solid hits with clean , quick kills.
And again...all of my hits have also been pass through...no lead to recover from the animal .
Andy

I do agree that lead free ammo is more of an environmentalist agenda.
However....
It can be used as a way to control what ammo is available and where it can be used....So it can be a gun control issue as well.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top