JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ignorant rage is not the same as "describing people accurately". Rhetoric like yours is part of the problem, not part of any solution.

I suspect a "progressive" beat you up at some point. Or maybe stole your girl.

Or both.

Here we go again .....

Be prepared, his next argument is that we should allow a law to be passed requiring us to carry a 100 dollar bill in case we get mugged. That way, we can show that we're willing to compromise.

WE, the Democrats in Oregon, care about the rights of criminals, want to disarm all civilians and believe that Constitutionally guaranteed rights can be impinged as the social climate changes.

SB 699 – All of you civilians are dangerous and we don’t trust anybody because WE are paranoid.

SB 758 – WE are making you pay a fee to exercise you RIGHTS and will fine you if you don’t pay our extortion money.

SB 760 – You must cower and WE don’t care if you leave others in harm’s way. WE have to protect the criminal that threatens you.

SB 796 – WE don’t know anything about guns but you have to prove to us that we should let you exercise your RIGHTS.

This just keeps getting more ridiculous.

Maybe we should change our state nickname to the Run and Hide State if they weaken self-defense laws.

Reasons against liability insurance

1. Criminals won't buy it

2. It does nothing to reduce crime

3. It's an undue burdon on a right equivalent to a poll tax which had been ruled unconstitutional

4. The government CANT force you to purchase things...Obama care got past this by filling it was a tax (see #3)

5. This type if insurance does not exist

6. It would create a registry because you would have to provide insurance company info about your firearms

7. You don't have to register a car if you don't take it on public roads so so why have to have insurance for guns in your house most they could try but arguments advice still apply is require insurance if you leave your house with a firearm

That's all I can think of for now I realize some suggestions have been posted already

I need a good argument against requiring liability insurance, "it's not fair" doesn't sound good to me. What are other people using?

One does not need insurance to cover golf clubs, which kill more than rifles. Also there is something inherently wrong with requiring one to buy a product (insurance) in order to exercise a Constitutional right. Yes, we are required to have insurance when we drive a car; ownership of a car is not a right and it does directly affect the public daily whereas legally owned guns do not, not unless a whole mess of Wal-Mart shoppers decide they want to stand directly in front of me at the range.

4. The government CANT force you to purchase things...Obama care got past this by filling it was a tax (see #3)

It wasn't a tax until SCOTUS said it was. Until then, it was a penalty/fee. "I won't raise taxes on the middle class" "I'm not going to take your guns" Are you seeing the pattern yet?

Can we have an election now so we can vote these hacks out of office tomorrow?

They'll never be out of office. As long as there's a "D" next to their name the cities here will keep voting them in. I can hardly bring myself to fill out the ballot anymore when I know I'll watch Multnomah returns come in and negate everything/anyone I voted for/against. (I still do vote though or I wouldn't feel justified complaining).

Here we go again .....

Be prepared, his next argument is that we should allow a law to be passed requiring us to carry a 100 dollar bill in case we get mugged. That way, we can show that we're willing to compromise.

Not my fault you couldn't keep up in that other thread, but no need to troll after me in this one.

They'll never be out of office. As long as there's a "D" next to their name the cities here will keep voting them in. I can hardly bring myself to fill out the ballot anymore when I know I'll watch Multnomah returns come in and negate everything/anyone I voted for/against. (I still do vote though or I wouldn't feel justified complaining).

Which is why conservatives in Oregon need to begin registering as "D's". Get active, influence from within, and support conservative "D's" (more out there than you may think), especially in the primaries. In Oregon, "R" is only something you say on "Talk like a Pirate Day".

Happens to me every year. Only maybe a few of the people I vote for become elected or the measures I vote for actually pass. :s0058:....nevermind.

Ive said it before, and Ill say it until I die. PROGRESSIVES LOVE RAPE. THEY LOVE ASSAULT. THEY LOVE DEAD KIDS. ITS ALL AGENDA ADVANCEMENT FOR THEM. If a woman is raped because she cannot shoot her attacker, people like Burdick are just as guilty as another person holding the victim down while the rapist plunges into his victim. Burdick would be smiling with anticipation and excitement at the sight.

I know theyr'e hoping for another medicated maniac punk to shoot up another school or mall so they can keep up the anti-gun momentum going!
The only good coming out of this is people are starting to wake up to the liberal agenda being crammed down our throats.

O'yes they did...its the CHL permit.

true. for being a WILL ISSUE state - it sure feels like a MAY ISSUE. You will get a permit if you pay, give personal info and finger prints, and don't have any misdemeanor charges in your past, and wait in line for as long as we say. Then we WILL ISSUE you a permit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top