JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to side with the cops, but you do realize that you are citing a blog, which is citing another blog?

Statistics based on fact, tend to result in the same outcome regardless of its source.

US Police Have Killed Over 5,000 Civilians Since 9/11

US Police Have Killed 5,000 Americans Since 9/11 (Video) | Alternative

Cops Have Killed Over 5,000 Americans Since 9/11 | Filming Cops

<broken link removed>

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/06/fear-of-terror-makes-people-stupid.html

Do these count towards firearms fatalities? I would bet its a DIRECT order from the POS.... i mean POTUS because firearm fatalities are dropping and they need an excuse to ban guns..... If they can bump off 10k or so extra people a year to skew the numbers higher they just might get their ban pushed through!!! :s0112:

Do these count towards firearms fatalities? I would bet its a DIRECT order from the POS.... i mean POTUS because firearm fatalities are dropping and they need an excuse to ban guns..... If they can bump off 10k or so extra people a year to skew the numbers higher they just might get their ban pushed through!!! :s0112:

Yes they do count towards overall firearm fatalities, which many anti-gun people like to quote.

ROE are much more strict in war zones than they are in our neighborhoods.

War: Don't fire unless fired upon.

Neighborhood: Fire whenever you like and should you be questioned about the incident claim you feared for your life and were following training. Grand Jury will have to look at training which will state to fire if officer fears for life and they will then acquit because they have to believe officer must have feared for their life else why did they shoot?

Officer gets medal for smoking kid in field playing with stick.

I tend to agree with solv3nt. Even with the cited references, it's still mostly bloggers quoting bloggers with a whole bunch of estimates thrown in. I'd personally need to see more respected sources compiling the data and then have it subject to review before we all grab the pitchforks and torches and start storming the castle.

No, Mr. Redcap- while it may be emotionally satisfying to "shoot back" (Your words) it would be far more effective in the long run to hold the police accountable in a court of law.

What it seems like- I have considered this situation now for a long time, and carefully considered it- my conclusion is 3 kinds of justice: Legal Justice in the court system, Gods Justice that happens after we die, and "street justice".

I much prefer "Legal Justice"- using tools like this: Spy Car Protects Against Unscrupulous Cops - YouTube Now this is the way to crucify the bad police officers.

Your post is titled "shot AND killed"; do the number include only those shot, those shot AND killed, or the sum of those shot AND killed? Also, how many are shootouts with law enforcement? How many of these are "no-knock warrants"? You can skew statistics to fit any agenda...

I tend to agree with solv3nt. Even with the cited references, it's still mostly bloggers quoting bloggers with a whole bunch of estimates thrown in. I'd personally need to see more respected sources compiling the data and then have it subject to review before we all grab the pitchforks and torches and start storming the castle.

"respected sources compiling the data" You can compile the data on your own. Practically every news station of every locality inside America, has a website with an archives of past stories. Most of what happens doesn't make it in the news. You can also submit a FOIA Request towards every police agency in the US on every officer involved shooting that resulted in a fatality of an American citizen. Denying something in front of you, only works when you are delusional

Your post is titled "shot AND killed"; do the number include only those shot, those shot AND killed, or the sum of those shot AND killed? Also, how many are shootouts with law enforcement? How many of these are "no-knock warrants"? You can skew statistics to fit any agenda...

The statistics are there to show you, that as an American you are more likely to be killed by law enforcement than any (other?) terrorist.

"respected sources compiling the data" You can compile the data on your own. Practically every news station of every locality inside America, has a website with an archives of past stories. "Denying something in front of you, only works when you are delusional"

Everything on internet blogs is true. No one just takes info and reposts it or makes it up without fact checking to bolster views to their website. That never, ever, happens.

95% of all "facts" are made up on the spot. Denying what is in front of you until proven to your satisfaction is not delusional. That's common sense.

Why dont officers have a "duty to retreat"?!
Seems like they can open fire when ever, hit innocent bystanders, execute someone
(like a female officer did) "accidentally" while the perp is already detained..

If they can open fire when they feel that they or the lives of others is in jeopardy why cant we?! This whole "duty to retreat" is BS. And Leos rules of engagement is WAY less restricive than that of our troops.

Though the U.S. government does not have a database collecting information about the total number of police involved shootings each year, it’s estimated that between 500 and 1,000 Americans are killed by police officers each year.

Cops Have Killed Over 5,000 Americans Since 9/11 | Filming Cops

According to the FBI, there are 300-400 justifiable homicides by law enforcement annually, not 500 to 1,000.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 13 - Crime in the United States 2007
FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 14

Between 2008 and 2012, the FBI has recorded approximately 400 felons being shot and killed by LEO.

Using the ~400 figure, and expanding it from 2002-2013, you have 12 years with 400 deaths each year. This equates to approximately 4,800, versus the 4,489 American's killed in Iraq.
http://antiwar.com/casualties/

The FBI figures only include those felons that met their maker, it doesn't include those shot while being a felon. Also, crime has decreased over the last 10 years, and honestly, I'm too lazy to find the percentage.

That said, it looks like the number are true.

The statistics are there to show you, that as an American you are more likely to be killed by law enforcement than any (other?) terrorist.

Please note the asterisk on the FBI table, "The killing of a felon by a law enforcement officer in the line of duty."

Based on the statistics, ~400 felons out of ~300 million American's are killed by police each year. Conversely, on average, ~400 American Soldiers lost their lives while protecting the US in Iraq. Your inference that you are more likely to be killed by LEO than a terrorist is inherently flawed. For example, if you are a felon, and you have a tendency to threaten LEO, THEN you are more likely to go out in a blaze of glory with LEO. However, since the majority of American's aren't felons, your inference falls flat.

Everything on internet blogs is true. No one just takes info and reposts it or makes it up without fact checking to bolster views to their website. That never, ever, happens.

95% of all "facts" are made up on the spot. Denying what is in front of you until proven to your satisfaction is not delusional. That's common sense.

When you hear, read or see something on the news, a blog or elsewhere, it is never an absolute truth or proof that it has happened. Because video, writing & audio all can be spoofed. The most you can hope for is an indisputable observation. If you can't find any information out there to refute what is before you, then it has been observed and what you have observed is indisputable, no? Well at the time the observation above was made, there was and still has been no exceptions that have been found to say it hasn't happened. It doesn't necessarily mean everything you see with your own eyes is true either, because even your eyes can be fooled. If you have something to even remotely say the story isn't fact (because I think its a whole lot worse than the statistics show) then please share.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top