JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you all think of a moratorium on hunting for a few years to give the critters a chance to recover after all the lose of habitat from the fires?
I would not include predator hunting in that.
Look at the Yellowstone wildfires from 1988. Conventional wisdom was that the habitat and animals would never recover. Within a year, they found increased biodiversity and exploding populations.
I have read several articles that emphasized hunting in areas where a burn had happened a year before because the quality of plants as food in the wake of the burn was much higher.

I think south of cottage grove is open.

"All BLM-administered land within the Northwest Oregon District east of I-5 is closed to the public.Members of the public may not enter closed areas, and all uses—including hunting and dispersed camping—are prohibited. This temporary closure covers the portions of Lane, Linn, Marion, Clackamas and Multnomah counties which lie east I-5, west of the Cascade Range, and north from Cottage Grove to the Columbia River. In addition, BLM-managed public lands in Lincoln County are closed, with the exception of Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area. Popular recreation spots including Fishermen's Bend campground, Wildwood recreation site, Alsea Falls recreation site, Shotgun Creek day use area, and the Row River Trail remain closed to the public."

Yes, since my post conditions have changed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top