JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is what I saw on my morning walk last Thursday:

Moose_161110.jpg

Fortunately the dogs didn't see him (I assume it was a bull, but to be honest with all the morning mist it was hard to tell) and we continued our walk – in the other direction.

The full account is here.

I'll say this here, your blog posting on Nov. 8 was funny---not that you care.:cool: :p
Yeah, after a few beers I like to let my opinions out for some fresh air.

I was elk hunting with some guys east of Pinedale, Wyoming (that is seriously rugged and beautiful country). Never saw an elk, they were still high up in the mountains, but saw quite a few moose. Anyway we were walking up this mountain and the younger guys went ahead. I and another old fart were walking up the trail, taking our time getting up there. I was ahead. After a while I heard this "Psst, psst" behind me. I turned around and the other guy was gesturing behind him, where a bull moose was calmly following us up the hill on the trail. :eek: Maybe 30 yards behind him. After we stopped and watched him, he went off the trail and walked into the aspens. I think he knew we had only elk tags.

Out on our morning hike I saw the moose again today. This time she was on the adjacent hill watching us about 300 ft away. I decided to change course to avoid an encounter with the dogs.

I think she's stalking me.

Some guy out here got run over by a reindeer...
I mean a moose. Him and his car. BIG moose I guess
Actually hit his little car from the side ran the car off the road and killed the moose.
No there's some road kill I'd eat:D

Our daughter was working in Alaska for a couple years and sent us some ground moose. Delicious.

I never saw moose up there, well, a couple times driving up to colville they ran across the road. Seems like a pretty recent development. Always heard they were closer to the hills outside of Riverside, but DeerPark!

I never saw moose up there, well, a couple times driving up to colville they ran across the road. Seems like a pretty recent development. Always heard they were closer to the hills outside of Riverside, but DeerPark!

I'm in Riverside. DP address though. They are super thick this year. There were 7 together a month or so ago.

Well that makes a lot more sense!
I learned to fly fish on the river between those two bridges.

I never saw too many moose, once woke up to one standing outside the window staring at me tho. Pretty cool near Christmas morning!

She had a boyfriend named "Moose"? Maybe I'm missing it......(squints at the monitor), you mean like, a real moose? Big, nasty, 1200 lb kind of moose?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top