JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Took my S&W 325 (45 ACP) to the range this weekend. IT was fantastic to shoot...much more accurate than I expected...just an excellent all around handgun :s0155::s0155:....now the problem....I can't get the empty shell casings out of the moon clips. :angry::angry:

I've seen some posts in other forums and looked at some of the tools out there for "demooning" the clips, but there has to be a better (i.e. no cost) way to get the spent casings out.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Got an old metal shaft golf club laying around? Chop the shaft off at a point
where the inside diameter is about 1/16" bigger than a 45 case.
Cut down one side of the open end about 1/8". Just like the commercial
de-mooning tool that has a handle like a big screwdriver.

There ya go---a "custom" de-mooning tool for the price of a junk golf club
and 10 minutes time. Use it just like the commercial one.

I bought the Brownells tool before I knew better, probably still would spend the $20 or whatever it was as I like it. A lot of folks just use the methods as stated above, there is also a little GI tool you might be able to find a t a gunshow or something that just pries them off. Pics are from Google of what was mentioned above. Just twist!

demooner.jpg

standard.jpg

Glad I could assist. Good luck ... Not sure how far Bethel is .... I think the other side of OKC? I am waaay down in the southwest part of the state. BTW, thanx, I do tyr to list good items on the site .... :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top