JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So summary of the video.

Bystander grabs the firearm, pushes the perp away, perp tries to b&^tch slap the bystander a few times, perp flailing around, bystander points a finger at perps face and gives his a stern talking to, perp walks away....

I think for a normie, the bystander did an excellent performance. For the frame of mind of being at a party to disarming someone, eventhough he was reported to be in his 70s. Apparently he came with a single minded and evil purpose. The bystander was fighting for his life.

Too bad you couldn't swap the tacoria shooter and this guy. Different mindsets.

Took the perp's ability to harm. No deaths or other injuries. That's a lot.
Way, way more than most people would do, and he put himself at considerable risk.

Here he speaks to the press:

Says he was a hero and saved lives. I would go along with that 100%. Dude did something, not stand around taking video.

Defender is lucky though that the attacker was physically weak so that he could out muscle him to get the gun. Defender is also lucky the attacker didn't get a shot off that killed him.

In a better world the defender woudl have been armed and put down the attacker immediately which woudl end the threat for that attack and future attacks. Defender deserves credit and undoubtedly saved lives Imo.

Last Edited:
Says he was a hero and saved lives. I would go along with that 100%. Dude did something, not stand around taking video.

He is lucky though that the attacker was physically weak so that he could out muscle him to get the gun. He is also lucky the attacker didn't get a shot off that killed him.

In a better world the defender woudl have been armed and put down the attacker immediately which woudl end the threat for that attack and future attacks. Defender deserves credit and undoubtedly saved lives Imo.
Would he have "deserved the credit" if Manchurian candidate went on to kill 10 or 20 more at another venue?

Would he have "deserved the credit" if Manchurian candidate went on to kill 10 or 20 more at another venue?
Credit for saving lives at that second place yes. Credit for doing something at risk of his own life yes. Credit for doing enough? In my book, no. I hope good guys in CA that see this video arm themselves (if that is even legally possible in CA now).

Perhaps if defender knew how to use various guns and had the will to use it if needed (by "if needed" I mean it's possible that they've threat the of gun alone could have held perp at gunpoint until cops arrived) he could have stopped the guy. But in CA how does the average person even get any hands on gun time I wonder?

Totally reminds me of what Clint smith says a lot, "don't assume the gun you will be using in combat is your own" or something like that. He preaches we should know how to manipulate and use the most popular guns. In CA though, they probably don't even have nerf guns growing up maybe. but rough aim and pull the trigger probably woudl have been enough here if the person had the will to pull the trigger. And that is a gigantic "if". Col jeff Cooper had a great video on YouTube about the mindset or mentality to use a gun if you have to and how that can be a total roadblock for most poeple or cause hesitation.

Edit: found the video. Skip to 2:15 mark for discussion of the barrier in the mind.

Last Edited:
Took the perp's ability to harm. No deaths or other injuries. That's a lot.
Perp had additional gun in his van, so... the perp still had ability to harm, just decided not to reengage at that time. If he could have restrained the perp and held him for law enforcement the perp may be alive today to stand trial (and cost tax payers millions).

So I guess the outcome was...

edit, I do applaud the defender for having taken action and saving countless others.

Last Edited:
Is this the one the perp was using an "assault pistol" (semi-auto mac 10)... or was it the other one the next night?

"Assault pistol" :s0140: :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads