JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most of the Asian areas that I know about and where I had friends live in specific areas were SAFE. I was East Coast born and raised.

I had born in America Chinese heritage close SCHOOL friends AND their parents and other OLDER relatives were legal immigrants. Mae Ling and Kay Anne. They were cousins. I had other friends from all backgrounds too.

Most of them had businesses in good and some in poorer areas of the city. Some of them stayed in the city and some of them moved to the county or to a couple of different counties in MD.

Restaurants - 2 for sure and 1 dry cleaning store. They were close friends of mine - 2 cousins. I stayed at their homes and they stayed in mine. The one smaller restaurant had LIVING QUARTERS above it in Baltimore. When the riots HIT in the 60's - the black and white people in the NEIGHBORHOOD with the smaller restaurant PROTECTED their homes, businesses AND that small Chinese carry out place with only a couple of seating places in it. They even protected a place/building where they had Chinese language school on Saturdays in the same area.

IT WAS NOT like the FAMOUS Korean roof top type of protection in LA but they did LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER and were not going to take jack squat from OUTSIDERS and so forth in VERY SPECIFIC poorer and even middle class and richer areas of the city and county.

One old Libertarian, black, male friend of mine lived in a neighborhood where the black and white OLD DAD'S and grandparents had shotguns. He told me that his DAD had a shotgun and said that he was NOT going to let some RIOTING THUG/thugs burn down his house and murder his family AND FRIENDS! I met him when he became a Libertarian many moons ago. There was no Libertarian Party in the 60's and HIS family were pretty conservative and so were his other family members. He worked for the IMF and he loved the PAY and benefits but he did not really LIKE his job. I believe that the LP started in the early 70's - 71? CRS now. LOL

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
from the above article:

A law enforcement source told CNN the weapon was "a Cobray M11 9mm semi-automatic." CNN reported through a source that authorities were able to trace the gun, giving them Tran's name.
Thanks.

I read that on some other LINKS earlier tonight and I don't know jack squat about that type of gun or the BRAND NAME.

I am dense there since it does not ring a bell and I do not believe that I ever saw such a GUN at a range or in a gun store too.

IS THIS WHAT IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE?

I just did a quick search just now after you put up this up.

Cate

from the above article:

A law enforcement source told CNN the weapon was "a Cobray M11 9mm semi-automatic." CNN reported through a source that authorities were able to trace the gun, giving them Tran's name.
I read some crazy gun DESCRIPTIONS in various stories too.

Some of them - I had NO clue what some of the reporters wrote about when it came to their GUN DESCRIPTIONS.

Cate

I read some crazy gun DESCRIPTIONS in various stories too.

Some of them - I had NO clue what some of the reporters wrote about when it came to their GUN DESCRIPTIONS.

Cate
I shot one back in the '70s, very unbalanced, just a spray and pray firearm
in it's semi auto form, just as hard to shoot as a Tech 9 (and I have one of those)
I think they were originally designed as a counter ambush weapon for the Military in Vietnam
in it's original form, it could dump a 30 rnd mag in 2 sec

Man with 'assault style rifle' kills ten at dance club in CA

At least ten people have been killed and another ten rushed to hospital after a mass shooting at a dance club in Los Angeles. A man with an assault-style rifle reportedly opened fire at the ballroom near a Chinese Lunar New Year event in Monterey Park. The gunman, who has not been named, is still believed to be at large following the deadly attack just after 10pm on Saturday.
This will be super convenient for the feds if this was a braced pistol.

"The weapon that we recovered at that second scene I am describing as a magazine-fed semiautomatic assault pistol. Not an assault rifle, but an assault pistol that had an extended large capacity magazine attached to it.""

Semi auto Hand Gun

Is the weapon being reported this morning.

"The idea we still allow semi-automatic weapons to be purchased is sick. Just sick," the president said on Thanksgiving Day.

It really sucks to have this new loss of life..
With its timing, I'm sure the heartless politicians will pounce on this and use it as an opportunity to make new laws and restrictions that clearly have zero impact on violent crazies doing what they do. No current laws stopped this crime, no proposed laws will stop this type of crime.
Only thing the law was able to do was to disarm all the victims

Inside the vehicle, law enforcement recovered a "magazine-fed semi-automatic assault pistol with an extended, large-capacity magazine," along with other, unspecified evidence linking the man to the attacks.

I call BS on this story, CA law states clearly that only ten round mags may be used to kill people.

Tran must be LEO.

Amazing how just overnight we went from pure political spin "White Supremacist Killing Asians With An Assault Rifle" (Schumer, Schiff, et al)) to a tragic domestic dispute that involved a pistol.

It's bad enough that ten people dies leaving loved ones to mourn without people leveraging a tragedy for their own purposes.

Meanwhile, for you folks that still like watching NFL:

The L.A. Rams have requested that their fans donate to Democrat anti-gun group. https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2023...nti-gun-group-following-mass-shooting-n692581

Donations poured in from all 3 of their fans!! /sarc
Kroenke the owner is a damn snake. Don't know anything about his politics though. He married into Walmart wealth. Walmart family also owns broncos. Don't know or care about their politics but that kroenke guy is a POS.

Kroenke the owner is a damn snake. Don't know anything about his politics though. He married into Walmart wealth. Walmart family also owns broncos. Don't know or care about their politics but that kroenke guy is a POS.
All NFL owners agreed to let their players kneel during the Anthem... they are ALL POS.

I don't watch. Stopped being a sports fan of most sports when broadcasting sports started including politics.

Most of the Asian areas that I know about and where I had friends live in specific areas were SAFE. I was East Coast born and raised.

I had born in America Chinese heritage close SCHOOL friends AND their parents and other OLDER relatives were legal immigrants. Mae Ling and Kay Anne. They were cousins. I had other friends from all backgrounds too.

Most of them had businesses in good and some in poorer areas of the city. Some of them stayed in the city and some of them moved to the county or to a couple of different counties in MD.

Restaurants - 2 for sure and 1 dry cleaning store. They were close friends of mine - 2 cousins. I stayed at their homes and they stayed in mine. The one smaller restaurant had LIVING QUARTERS above it in Baltimore. When the riots HIT in the 60's - the black and white people in the NEIGHBORHOOD with the smaller restaurant PROTECTED their homes, businesses AND that small Chinese carry out place with only a couple of seating places in it. They even protected a place/building where they had Chinese language school on Saturdays in the same area.

IT WAS NOT like the FAMOUS Korean roof top type of protection in LA but they did LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER and were not going to take jack squat from OUTSIDERS and so forth in VERY SPECIFIC poorer and even middle class and richer areas of the city and county.

One old Libertarian, black, male friend of mine lived in a neighborhood where the black and white OLD DAD'S and grandparents had shotguns. He told me that his DAD had a shotgun and said that he was NOT going to let some RIOTING THUG/thugs burn down his house and murder his family AND FRIENDS! I met him when he became a Libertarian many moons ago. There was no Libertarian Party in the 60's and HIS family were pretty conservative and so were his other family members. He worked for the IMF and he loved the PAY and benefits but he did not really LIKE his job. I believe that the LP started in the early 70's - 71? CRS now. LOL

Old Lady Cate

The first things that were assumed by the media was it might have been a white supremacist and a hate crime against Asians. And an assault weapon was used and asking questions, what kind of assault weapon was used?. The media was hoping those assumptions were true and wanted juicy headlines. It would be more juicier headline if the shooter was a Maga supporter.

The first things that were assumed by the media was it might have been a white supremacist and a hate crime against Asians. And an assault weapon was used and asking questions, what kind of assault weapon was used?. The media was hoping those assumptions were true and wanted juicy headlines. It would be more juicier headline if the shooter was a Maga supporter.
Wasn't just the fake news...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny...nterey-shooting-bigotry-before-facts-come-out

All NFL owners agreed to let their players kneel during the Anthem... they are ALL POS.

I don't watch. Stopped being a sports fan of most sports when broadcasting sports started including politics.
I stopped watching ESPN and the NBA for this reason.

They were salivating for it. All the good stuff they're passionate about. Don Lemon probably punched a pillow and had to be comforted.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top