JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Problem is urban california, even if you want to lawfully carry, many counties' sheriffs will not allow most average citizen to get a permit.
this is true but even if California didnt unconstitutionally prohibit ones right there are still not enough people who chose to carry for personal protection. As long as CC is a minority it wont have enough impact on reducing shooting sprees or violent crime. This is to the demise of gun rights...

Problem is urban california, even if you want to lawfully carry, many counties' sheriffs will not allow most average citizen to get a permit.
Concealed is concealed. It's your life. You choose.

The problem here is simply not enough people carry. And those few that do are plagued with GFZ laws further restricting carry.
Shooting sprees will continue to fuel more gun control laws until all guns and carry are prohibited, or more people carry and stop these attacks the moment they unfold.
100% if more carried these events would stop and have been proven to stop (in most cases) far more quickly resulting in a better preservation of life versus the response time of armed officers.

Obviously excluding incidents where CC'ers did not fire due to background collateral damage of bystanders. Such as the mall shooting in Oregon a while back. I applaud the CC'er for knowing that being a hero and realizing he/she is responsible for lives beyond the active shooter are two different things. From what I recall the CC'er in Oregon drew but did not fire due to bystanders behind and to the sides of the shooter which did not provide the CC'er with good shot placement… or so I recall. I could be mistaken, it's been a while but I DO remember info like that being said in an interview.

100% if more carried these events would stop and have been proven to stop (in most cases) far more quickly resulting in a better preservation of life versus the response time of armed officers.

Obviously excluding incidents where CC'ers did not fire due to background collateral damage of bystanders. Such as the mall shooting in Oregon a while back. I applaud the CC'er for knowing that being a hero and realizing he/she is responsible for lives beyond the active shooter are two different things. From what I recall the CC'er in Oregon drew but did not fire due to bystanders behind and to the sides of the shooter which did not provide the CC'er with good shot placement… or so I recall. I could be mistaken, it's been a while but I DO remember info like that being said in an interview.
IIRC, that shooter drew, didnt fire, but the presented gun caused the bad guy to commit suicide. Thats a common plan for spree shooters, so... even when a responsible CCer doesnt shoot, it took a good guy with a gun to end the story.
Again, the problem is the majority of society does not want to EDC.

IIRC, that shooter drew, didnt fire, but the presented gun caused the bad guy to commit suicide. Thats a common plan for spree shooters, so... even when a responsible CCer doesnt shoot, it took a good guy with a gun to end the story.
110% agree

Morally sick society with suicidal tendencies. Millions of people walking around effed up every day. It only makes the news when one of them does something crazy.

This is not going to stop until we get back to basics and remove the libertine trash from the first chair of the orchestra.

driver found dead in Van

The best comment on the Fox News story happened before the white van occupant was found dead. It was a suggestion on how to solve the standoff situation:

Dawgcatcher101
1 hour ago

They should send the cast of the "View" in to try and talk him down. Either he'll do himself in or he'll take them out. It's a win-win for everyone.

From the article:
Authorities have identified the man responsible for a deadly shooting inside a Monterey Park dance studio as 72-year-old Hemet resident Huu Can Tran.

Kind of an interesting departure from the typical 'mass shooting' suspect considering his age and race.

What is a magazine-fed semi-automatic assault pistol" that had an extended large-capacity magazine attached to it?

It being wielded by a 72 year old Asian man. Yea that sounds like the typical mass shooter type,

What is a magazine-fed semi-automatic assault pistol" that had an extended large-capacity magazine attached to it?

It being wielded by a 72 year old Asian man. Yea that sounds like the typical mass shooter type,
Sounds like they are trying to get the max number of keywords that fit the narrative in there to me. The next article they will realize that they left out the word "brace" and it will magically appear probably.

WTF, is a magazine-fed semi-automatic assault pistol, I heard that on Kiro 7 today, and 2 dudes tackeled a 72 yr old took gun gun away from him, but they still let him get away, we are so gunna lose the next war.

THIS IS A VERY SAD STORY! One of many of them out there.

May the dead rest in peace. May the wounded heal.

I feel sorry for all of the dead people and their families and friends. That goes for the wounded people too.

I was up and listening to a podcast and reading online when the news broke about this story. It is a very SAD story!

There are many other LINKS from R, L and middle of the road websites discussing this story. I did NOT listen to the ENTIRE official NEWS conference in great detail yet. I did READ the transcript - one of them.

Huu Can Tran, Monterey Park Suspect Identified: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know​

MORE ON THE LINK ABOVE.

MORE ON THE LINK ABOVE.

ALL of the other news websites have LINKS online with their own stories.

One nice older - middle aged lady said that she and her friends always felt SO SAFE going there to dance and socialize. Plus an older lady opened up the one place and I read about her too. MOST OF THEM SAID that they LIVED IN a nice and SAFE AREA too!

The one dance place - club had LOTS of business. It sounded like a nice place for middle aged or older - senior people to go to even if I AM NOT personally into those places or CROWDS.

But the dancing sounds like FUN! Almost as fun as swimming! Grin.

Earlier news spoke about 2 places being attacked and so forth which most of you already know about.

One gun was found in the beginning and people OVERTOOK the criminal shooter and the shooter FLED.

He went to the HOSPITAL when the first group of people BEAT HIM UP and overtook him. Like duh?!

Another whack-a-doodle who was/is MEAN and who had a QUICK TEMPER and ANGERED EASILY.

There is one thing to being FED UP IN A PEACEFUL MANNER with the BS going on in this country and world with stupid people RUNNING THE SHOW but it is another thing to start MURDERING and WOUNDING PEOPLE just because you don't like what happened to your marriage or 'life'. That is not only insane but it is wrong - a sin. That appears to be PART of this CA news story with this older man.

~~~

MORE CRAPOLA went on with some LOON in GA who decided to POINT a gun at police, etc. HE IS NOW DEAD.

RIOTS, burning up police car/cars and so forth. But if I dare put up THAT STORY with complete details on that LOON and his SQUATTER FRIENDS - DIRTY ILK - it would get deleted since it goes into great detail ABOUT the now dead STUPID LOON with it's gun in his/her gun hands and his SJW - ANTI POLICE type of GROUP.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:

Huu Can Tran, Monterey Park Suspect Identified: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know​

from the above article:

A law enforcement source told CNN the weapon was "a Cobray M11 9mm semi-automatic." CNN reported through a source that authorities were able to trace the gun, giving them Tran's name.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top