JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bear with me, Gentlemen. I'm having a really hard time making my requirements clear to that fine and famous company in Montana. I want to buy a set of their Creedmoor-style scope mounts for a buddy's Pedersoli Sharps rifle, and I'm having no luck at all trying to contact them by phone [I live in the yUK most of the year].

Anybody here done it? What blocks? Dovetail front and block rear?

Even with email, I just don't seem to be able to 'connect' with whoever is responding. Like I'm writing in Lithuanian using a Welsh dictionary. Surely I can't be the only person in the world to make such a request?

TIA.

tac

Does the rifle have dovetails cut in it already?? Or is it setup for screw on blocks? I have ordered from them several times no problem.
So just let me know how I can assist?

It's just an ordinary Perdersoli Sharps, with dovetails front and rear, as far as I can see. Nothing special at all. I was just concerned that there might be an issue with the different LOS of the dovetails.

I'll give them another try and see what happens, and post the results here.

Thanks for responding to my seemingly stoopid question.

Best

tac

Finally, after TEN emails using their on-site 'contacts', I got a response on last Tuesday. The nameless sender claims to have been sending me emails since forever, but only this last one has ever appeared on any of my screens. He/she went on to say that they were going to ship the correct bases out to my address, wherever that might be - right now, that's back here in the yUK.

It's a result, in the end, but not a happy one for me.

The fact is that MVA, undeniably makers of world class products, are really the only show in town, but making any kind of contact with them has been a RPITA from start to finish. I find that calling North American numbers can be very hit and miss affair. My phone in-line amplifier and voice processor [I'm extremely deaf and have to rely on technology to replace my poor blown-out ears] do not 'like' connections in either direction.....

It has spoilt for me what was initially a good experience - buying a pal something he really wanted, a thankyou from me for his friendship and his huge generosity.

tac

Sounds like typical American business model today. Take it from me it a lot of American businesses are just as hard to contact and get an answer out of. I won't even speak of Asian businesses.

Does the rifle have dovetails cut in it already?? Or is it setup for screw on blocks? I have ordered from them several times no problem.
So just let me know how I can assist?

Thanks for the offer of help, Velzey - much appreciated. And yes, they are the regular Pedersoli 'across the flats' dovetail mounts - nothing out of the ordinary. My High wall will need barrel-mounted blocks, as right now, apart from the rear regular buckhorn sights and regular dovetail front sight, there are no holes there..

I'm hoping, if and when I around to ordering the Winchester-style scope, that they send the whole thing at once and save all the angst.

Best

tac

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews