JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings all,

I'm a semi-recent transplant from Big Sky Country. I work for the NPS, and I am a USAF Security Forces veteran. I'm pretty acquainted with the tacitcal/practical realm of firearms and shooting and looking to maintain my skills and learn some new ones while I'm here. Picking up some long range skill wouldn't be such a bad thing either. Glad to find some local, like-minded people in the firearms community. Looking forward to my time here.

Indeed I was
Ah cool. When I was a kid I got to shoot a full auto M60 at the gun range way out east behind the runway. My friend who was a little older got to shoot a M16 full auto. I was a little too small to handle it so they let me shoot the m60 that was on a tripod and one on the APC that was there. They let my friend's little brother who was 7 or 8 shoot the M60 with blanks. Occasionally got to go inside the armory when I was with my dad. Good stuff.

Welcome to Northwest Firearms. Sorry to hear that you had to leave Montana. After experiencing Washington state politics, you will long for the place you left. I love Montana, and might try to talk my wife into relocating there once she retires from teaching.

Ah cool. When I was a kid I got to shoot a full auto M60 at the gun range way out east behind the runway. My friend who was a little older got to shoot a M16 full auto. I was a little too small to handle it so they let me shoot the m60 that was on a tripod and one on the APC that was there. They let my friend's little brother who was 7 or 8 shoot the M60 with blanks. Occasionally got to go inside the armory when I was with my dad. Good stuff.
The 60 was a little before my time but I can appreciate the heritage that is the pig. These days we could hardly get the funding to send our own guys to qual on the 240, let alone let base pop have at it. Consider yourself fortunate for growing up in a time when that was still doable.

Welcome to Northwest Firearms. Sorry to hear that you had to leave Montana. After experiencing Washington state politics, you will long for the place you left. I love Montana, and might try to talk my wife into relocating there once she retires from teaching.
Tell me about it. When I did my first transfer off of armslist I was surprised (but probably should have known better) there were no private party sales here. Then when I discovered my CPL didn't reciprocate and I had to wait over two weeks to get my new handgun, I was none too impressed. Alas, I will render unto Caesar until we're done here.

Following the Civil War, my 1858 Remington New Army Model ended up in Montana as a safe queen. Beautiful State you're from. 1858  011 R-Side Full.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top