Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Montana State Trooper Guns

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Jun 25, 2012.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I'm over in Great Falls, MT working, tonight at dinner three MT Troopers pulled into the parking lot and went in for dinner. I was checking out their cars on my way out and one, marked sargent, had a short barreled 870 with wood stocks, sidesaddle, and a bead sight. Next to it was an LMT SELECT FIRE AR15. I thought it was pretty cool....

2. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

I saw OSP here in GP had 2 riffles in their SUV. One shotgun and one AR15 with eotech sight. I thought they are pretty cool :)

3. Dinged

Dinged Portland, OR Active Member

I don't see many State Troopers since I live in the greater metro area, but PPB has some nice guns as well. You rarely see them inside the patrol cars though, at least I don't. North Precinct's armory is awesome though, racks and racks of less lethal 870s, regular 870s, and ARs.

4. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Yeah, you rarely see them inside their cruisers - the PPB tends to leave their rifles outside on the trunks.

Rascals and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Dinged

Dinged Portland, OR Active Member

You mean Seattle PD? :p I kid, I kid..

6. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

Most State Troopers, county Mounties and Local yocal (no punt intended) have both a 12 ga and AR or M-4 now, it has become pretty much standard, whether in the trunk or inner vehicle. It only makes sense, since you never know when your side arm is going to be out gunned in todays day and age.

7. charros93

charros93 Puget Sound Active Member

I worked at an auto repair shop and we would do cop cars from time to time. Remember seeing 12 gauge and AR's locked up in between the driver and passenger seats. Wish I was the enthusiast I am today, I would have taken a closer look.