JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Something was wrong. A receiver ring is not going to SCLID without reason. I'm thinking poor reloads, maybe double loaded round?

See my post above....BUT, I agree with you that these days it's most often user/tool interface that causes a KB, especially since here in UK every single firearm that is produced in the USA is subject to UK Proof before it can be sold.

I've only been shooting seriously since about 1967. but even in that short time I have only seen two incidents like this - both user-induced. One - a triple-overloaded Model 1917 Colt revolver was fatal, the other one - double-loaded with the wrong powder Navy Lee - by the laws of physics, should have been, but wasn't. Something made the shooter move his head as he pressed the trigger, and the bolt simply took a deep furrow out of his face and most of his ear as it disappeared into the car park at 500 mph.

It is VERY difficult, if not impossible, to double load a modern high-power rifle load on account of the need to fill the case to capacity to achieve maximum performance - within the safe limits of loading.

The wrong powder, though...that's a different matter altogether. Imagine 65gr of 2400 fer'instance......

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads