JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a case ( 2300 ) of some Montana Gold 185 gr. JHP bullets and half way through the case I started having an issue of being able to push the bullets into the brass casings. I adjusted my press and crimped them a little more and still had the same issue. I then measured the bullets themselves and found that you can take a measurement turn the bullet measure again and get a different measurement. So...being that some of the bullets being round and other bullets not being round. I contacted Montana Gold Bullet Company Inc. and told them about the problem they then asked me to send them some of the bullets. Only to have them tell me to crimp them more....LOL and that they would NOT replace them. Has ANYONE else have that same issue with these bullets ??? If so....send them and e-mail or give them a call and more than likely they will not answer the phone but leave them a message.

Montana Gold Bullet Inc.
P.O. Box 9050
Kalispell, MT 59904
United States

Questions: (406) 755-2717
Toll Free Ordering: (800) 755-2717
Fax: (800) 755-3792
[email protected]

I would also like to know if anyone else has had the same issue with this company. Thanks

Well...Although some of there bullets were not truly round like other bullet companies like Hornady, Speer and so on making it hard to get an even crimp. They like to point the finger at my press. I don't know about you but it's easier for me to get an even crimp on the when they are round....I measured some Hornady and Speer and they were dead on...nice and round.

I haven't tried Montana bullets yet, so I've no experience with them. I did check some Laser Cast 230 gr and they were all "round" (less than .0005"). You didn't say exactly how un-round your's are though.
But, if the bullet slides into a resized case too easily it's not likely something you can fix with an "adjustment". You might try a different sizer die. Perhaps it would be slightly smaller, increasing tension on the bullet.

I don't dispute that there may be a quality or customer service issue here, just want to offer an idea to use what you got!:s0155:

Two thou isn't a lot, but that sure seems like an awful big tolerance for a bullet of that bore. I don't think it would be acceptable to have bullets vary that much from one to another, let alone just on one bullet!

I guess it's even worse that the company that sells this thinks it's ok.

Yah... Well almost half the case was that way and I've got nothing but the run around with them. Saying that it's no fault on their part even with some of the bullets in their hand. At first the measured the bullets that THEY had on hand and said that they were within LIMITS..lol and told me to adjust my press. I told that I had done all of that in the first e-mail.. I told them that it wasn't a matter of what they had on hand, that it was a matter of what they had sent me. I told them that I would send them back if they wanted, but they told me to send a few. So.. i did. I also found it interesting that a different tech e-mailed me each time and they rarely answer there phone.

we have used Montana Gold bullets before.Can't say we had a problem with the bullets being concentric, but we were using them for a brief time before everything involving reloading went crazy and alot of the component manufacturers were trying to keep up with demand to cash in on the "scare". I know when we called we were told "no phone orders" only online and no 20 day net no matter what your credit was like. Some people don't care about customer service. If they get alot of little bites that can be as good or better than a big one. Not a very good business plan in my mind.

If you dont mind shooting TMJ bullets Try accura bullets from Nampa IDaho they also make powerbond muzzle loading rifle bullets . they weigh and measure very well . They are swaged , washed, plated and then re swaged. And they shoot

If you dont mind shooting TMJ bullets Try accura bullets from Nampa IDaho they also make powerbond muzzle loading rifle bullets . they weigh and measure very well . They are swaged , washed, plated and then re swaged. And they shoot

Do you have a link to there web site ??? I only shoot jacketed bullets in my firearms and will NEVER use anything with a steel casing.

I've loaded lots of Montana gold bullets and never had a problem. All have been 9mm, either FMJ or JHP. I wonder if thay're having a problem with their 45's. Right now every manufacturer is at full capacity and it may be that quality has suffered from the rush.....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top