Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mont. man kills Sportsman Channel host, then self

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by BAMCIS, Mar 8, 2013.

1. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

2. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

Married woman, my ***. Greg Rodriguez is one of the best and most well known big game hunters alive. He is(was) on the level of Craig Boddington. Another coincidental death of a firearm industry giant. Wow. Kip.

3. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Rodriguez and the woman, who works for a firearms manufacturer in the Flathead Valley, met at a trade show and struck up a casual relationship that police do not believe was romantic, Dial said.

Did you even read the article ?

4. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

Yeah I read it. Did you?

5. Hook686

Hook686 Northern California Active Member

The relationship does not need to become 'Romantic' for the husband to go ballistic. Be careful out there.

6. unklekippy

No, it doesn't. You just have to be a firearms industry bigwig. They are dropping like flies. I wonder why so many are dying in such a brief period of time since about midDecember. Coincidence, I'm sure. Like the officer in the article said "It's pretty much open and shut.". I hope they are all coincidence, but that is a hell of a stretch. Kip.

7. gaijinsamurai

Yeah, and as the police pointed out, the relationship did not appear to be romantic. Just because the husband appears to have been a super-jealous, insecure type, unable to accept the fact that his wife had male friends who worked in the same industry as her, does not mean there was any wrongdoing on the part of Rodriguez, or that they were "involved".

8. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So the easier explanation is some kind of what government mind control conspiracy thing? WOW remind me to not go drinking with you LOL.

Bob D and (deleted member) like this.
  9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Are y'all living in the 50's?
    He was a good looking WEALTHY man,visiting a woman who was ,obviously married to a very jealous and violent man,and having a GLASS OF WINE? with her.
    At her mom's house

Men do not make friends with women they don't want to do naughty things with. Or at least WOULD do bad things with

PERIOD

Of course it was or was going to be romantic

10. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

:thumbup:

:bluelaugh:

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

11. CLT65

CLT65 Yamhill County Active Member

Speak for yourself only. Not all men are uncontrollable dogs.

12. unklekippy

A "government mind control conspiracy thing"? That's kind of a leap, isn't it? I know you like to take knocks at whatever you deem a "conspiracy", but when 3 or 4 industry folks a month die by gun fire or one car wrecks it just seems odd. Also, you'll never worry about drinking with me. I gave it up when I realized it just makes you a crotchety old jerk. Kip.

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

Sure, lots of men share wine with women and have no desire for hosery.
    Sam Adams, Richard Simmons, Elton John, Rock Hudson, Robert Reed, Liberachi, and Neil Patrick Harris just to name a few.

14. CLT65

CLT65 Yamhill County Active Member

You sure have a low view of humanity. It's sad that this is where our culture has gone. Just because some of you have no self control doesn't mean all of us live that kind of life.

15. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Never heard of either of these people. But I just hunt. I don't read the magazines or watch the TV shows.

As for the women and friends thing... I didn't know this was the Tom Leykis forum.

16. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read on this forum. I was good friends with more then one woman even after I got married. Matter of fact still am.

97321 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. gaijinsamurai

Sounds like you're the one living in the 50's. I've never done anything inappropriate with female co-workers or professional acquaintances, never cheated on my wife, but have had female friends with whom I've consumed alcohol. And yes, some of them were married. Mostly to cops, as we also worked in law enforcement.

Some of you are passing judgement on this guy when you don't know all the facts.

206thsense and (deleted member) like this.
  18. DHPShooter

DHPShooter Lebanon Member

Even if there was or was possibly going to romance involved, it's no excuse to gun him down. If you feel you have competition, make sure your partner knows how much you love her. If she doesn't love you, let her go and move on.

Hook686 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. j4545

j4545 WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow, just wow.

20. unklekippy

Well, in all fairness, as someone that would never consider cheating or even flirting for that matter, I would probably paint the walls if I found someone with my wife in a "romantic" way.

Greg Rodriguez was one of my favorite dangerous game writers. He told more modern tales along the lines of Ruark, Hemingway and Keith. He also was a valuable authority on "beanfield" whitetail hunting and the rifles to hunt them with(his description of his Hill Country Rifle in 7mm-08 makes me want to spend $2,500 on my own). He wrote about exciting mountainside goat and sheep hunts, lazy days in a whitetail stand or blind and charging leopards, lion and cape buffalo.

RIP Greg Rodriguez. Conspiracy or not, a great of the outdoor world is gone. Kip.