JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a decent, compact monocular. Don't want to pay more than $100 for it. Would prefer it fit in my hand and was black.

Need something that can positively identify a target at 400 yards

Any suggestions or experiences (good or bad) would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

*Riot*

Last time I used that one I was scanning the woods for dear at about 700 yards or so. At that range I could tell a buck from a doe haha, but as far as face recognition goes I am not sure how far it would reach. If you have a rifle scope that can zoom 10x, that would give you a good indication of the barska's capabilities.

This one is similarly priced and goes to 25x, but not sure on the quality. http://www.opticsplanet.com/barska-8-25x25-monocular-microscope.html I have heard some bad things about barska, but I have had 2 rifle scopes from them, and used both that monocular and a spotting scope with good effect.

I have a Barska spotting scope...it works, not great, but it works. Thanks again for your input

*edit*

With that your first monocular, you said you could discern between deer, could you count spikes- or just see them? 700 yards is pretty good distance for how small that thing is.

I made mine by hacksawing a misaligned pair of binos. Works great and I got a 2 fer 1. I used the kind that focused individually at the eyepiece.
Zeiss makes a killer 8x monocular too.

Too much power makes it hard to use. You have to brace against something. I have a 10x30 Bushnell and it is a pain to hold on a distant target. (That is 10 times magnification and 30mm in diameter)
Roy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top