JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From her web page. Sounds good, has she ever said or done anything that would lead us to believe she's "flexible" on 2nd A issues?

Issues: Constitution/2nd Amendment

"When the government fears the people there is liberty, when the people fear their government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson
Our Founders established this country because they believed a distant government that was not adequately representing their concerns or protecting their livelihoods was oppressing them. After winning the War for Independence, this new nation's leaders came together to create a document that would enshrine forever what they had fought for into a system of laws and covenants. The U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights within it, is the best document ever produced that successfully balances liberty and government.
As a doctor, Monica Wehby has taken an oath to protect a patient's right to privacy. She takes that oath very seriously. As Oregon's next U.S. Senator, she will approach her duty to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution with the same regard.
Dr. Wehby will fight to protect all our constitutional rights – including the Second Amendment, which is constantly threatened by outside interests wishing to abolish it. She's an unapologetic and unstinting champion of the individual citizen's right to keep and bear arms. A constitutional right – the right to keep and bear arms – is inalienable, and our politicians must always remember that.

I'm a little confused about what happened to all the pro-gun Democrats and the, (just don't vote anymore because it's all the same) crowd that used to chime in on a thread like this.

Also the voters that haven't been putting gun rights first or second or even third!

Have we finally changed hearts and minds? Are they still out there?

Last Edited:
Maybe they finally realized they are about 2 steps away from an actual revolution with real
fire and mayhem and they are rethinking their stance. But that would be giving them credit for thinking and that is where I have doubts.
Either voting booth or lock and load... things are going to change. Question is which will it be ?
Nov will be an interesting month. December even more so.

The Whitehouse needs to be swept to avoid a red Christmas there.
Maybe change that to a couple red spots in Leavenworth.
That would have to wait till January though if the election goes well.

I have shot with her. She's comfortable and experienced with guns, and a very good shot. I have ZERO doubts about where she stands.

https://www.nrapvf.org/articles/20140912/nra-endorses-monica-wehby-for-us-senate-in-oregon

monica-wehby.jpg
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2014

Fairfax, Va. – On behalf of our five million members across the country, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) is proud to endorse Monica Wehby for United States Senate in Oregon.

Based on her support of and commitment to the Second Amendment, Wehby has earned an "AQ" rating from the NRA in the November 4, 2014 election. An "AQ" is reserved for a pro-gun candidate whose rating is based on pro-gun responses to the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire and is the highest rating a candidate can receive without a voting record on Second Amendment issues.

"Monica's strong support of our Second Amendment freedoms is needed in the U.S. Senate now more than ever," said Chris W. Cox, chairman of the NRA-PVF. "Our Right to Bear Arms faces an unprecedented attack from President Obama and elitist billionaires like former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Monica is the only candidate in this race who will stand up to the Obama-Bloomberg gun control agenda."

Wehby has stated her strong opposition for any anti-gun nominees for the U.S. Supreme Court, such as Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan. And she will oppose any treaty by the United Nations or any other global organization that would impose restrictions on American gun owners.

I don't agree with her on everything, which is actually good as I hate politicians who live by polls. While I don't think she was the best Republican candidate she is the one who can send that embarrassment Merkley someplace where my taxes don't have to pay for his incompetence and laziness.

I'd suggest an ad campaign targeting Merkley along the lines of the "George Bush, Boy President" satires. We need to get people laughing at this schmuck. I'd also do ads showing him as a pinocchio with Reid pulling the strings.

Wow! She actually looks like a friendly normal person.
Those attack ads with the bad lighting and scary music make her look evil and ghoulish.

She of course has my vote, and not just on guns! Merkley has been a disaster on most issues in addition to being as near to completely anti-gun as Ginny Burdick is!

Perhaps the ones who usually automatically vote party line will not vote in Merkley again.

They certainly are keeping quiet on this and the other threads? Maybe this time they will vote with the 2nd Amendment as a priority!

I thought the discussion quite civil and mostly on topic but..............
I was about to say if a person is 100% for a candidate/party all the time, all the way, then they are a little crazy or are getting just their limited special interests and needs met. Or at least they believe they are!

I have shot with her. She's comfortable and experienced with guns, and a very good shot. I have ZERO doubts about where she stands.

I think she is fairly pro 2nd Amendment, but she is not what I call a conservative. The thing is she is the only show in town. Merkley is a r_e_t_u_r_d

I think she is fairly pro 2nd Amendment, but she is not what I call a conservative. The thing is she is the only show in town. Merkley is a r_e_t_u_r_d
And what you call a Conservative has no chance of beating Merkley. If we are to save our gun rights we have to stop trashing anyone who's not a Conservative.

And what you call a Conservative has no chance of beating Merkley. If we are to save our gun rights we have to stop trashing anyone who's not a Conservative.
Maybe so, But I will still bruise them up when they need it. There are issues she supports that we sure do not, but this is an election where the 2nd support is going to get priority from us over anything else. Done this all before. Then apathy gets hold and it all falls down the left side tube again.
Maybe we all need to make sure that apathy does not get in the way of opposing the left as it has in the past. This time has nearly destroyed our country. The evidence sits in our Whitehouse. The biggest Anti Gun, Anti American ever to hold an office in the history of America.
Yeah Monica gets our support far above Merkley, but she needs work also if she is to hold on to it for additional terms.

And who do you mean when you say "we"? If you mean gun enthusiasts and 2nd Amendment supporters you're correct. If you mean Conservatives you're kidding yourself. There are about 20% devout Liberals and about 20% devout Conservatives. As a member of the 60% who are in the middle, I don't have much use for either end of the spectrum. Those are the people who have had this country grid locked for decades while they fight over pet ideologies. So far, there are enough of us middle of the roaders who support gun rights that combined with the 20% Conservative hard core we've been able to defeat the anti's. You just go right ahead and attack those in the middle as not being "pure" enough and alienate them, and then see how long it is before somebody like Hillary is in charge. Talk radio may be pervasive and loud, but that doesn't mean it controls anything.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top