JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today while at work I got a text from the head of the Lane county chapter of Moms demand. Text was inviting me to a member meeting tonight at a local restaurant. I showed up at 7, Recognized a few from my last interaction with them. We went around the table did introductions, I talked about my kids safety program. Some were receptive one was truly a ANTI most were moderates and would least here me out. I listened to their ideas, I interjected told a story. A story of Chris Mintz, since they were quick to always bring up UCC. They had no Idea I know Chris personally and have felt the bullet still in his back. They talked background checks, I talked policy. UCC was a gunfree zone, yet under state statute its completely legal to carry there with a valid CHL. The ANTI and I went rounds she was definitely a problem. I easily handled the others. The chair for the Democratic party of Lane County was there. He actually said he was glad i was there, he asked for a brochure of my kids class. I obliged. Key take aways from tonight: Moms don't want a total ban. They are more moderate than I thought. They fear what they don't know. At a local level they are dinosaurs when it comes to organizing. Problem spots: If the democratic party gets involved they will use their soldiers to definitely propel their cause. The ANTI lacked reason and had a genuine hatred for me and what I stood for. All in all I held my own, and ran the ANTI out of the room with my reasoning not emotion. A win for me.

"They fear what they don't know. "
-I've found this to be true in general. They feel the need to 'do something'. And the gun-control lobby groups fill that void. Public perception may not be the only reason they've scaled back their gun-control talks.

"At a local level they are dinosaurs when it comes to organizing."
- Unfortunately, so is our side.

"Problem spots: If the democratic party gets involved they will use their soldiers to definitely propel their cause. "
- Too late in Multnomah and Washington county. Personally saw Moms Demand being used directly to campaign for Chuck Riley.

"The ANTI lacked reason and had a genuine hatred for me and what I stood for"
- Generally true as well. Glad to hear you didn't fall for the bait, and left her looking like the unreasonable one.

All in all, you are an example to us all. Great job!

I forgot to mention they realize without us they will never make a change. They don't have the numbers.

"They fear what they don't know. "
-I've found this to be true in general. They feel the need to 'do something'. And the gun-control lobby groups fill that void. Public perception may not be the only reason they've scaled back their gun-control talks.

"At a local level they are dinosaurs when it comes to organizing."
- Unfortunately, so is our side.

"Problem spots: If the democratic party gets involved they will use their soldiers to definitely propel their cause. "
- Too late in Multnomah and Washington county. Personally saw Moms Demand being used directly to campaign for Chuck Riley.

"The ANTI lacked reason and had a genuine hatred for me and what I stood for"
- Generally true as well. Glad to hear you didn't fall for the bait, and left her looking like the unreasonable one.

All in all, you are an example to us all. Great job!
Chuck Riley is a Micheal Bloomberg purchased tool... Not worth the carbon footprint he creates...

Sounds like more of us need to attend these meetings, but we need to be careful about how we present ourselves to them (keep your cool and be rational). If they know us it's less likely they will fear us. At that point we can have a dialog outside the bounds of those who profit politically.

In an interview on the TV Box this morning a member of the House Intelligence Committee (the one that Ms. Feinstein chairs) was asked, "considering that the Orlando shooter passed the background checks and waited for the cooling-off wait period to elapse, what legislation do you think would have been effective in preventing the massacre there this week?"

The response was, "there are a number of ideas being discussed in Congress this week."

I wonder what new measures the Moms would like to have in place that would equate to "something".

I have a suggestion: send me a case of Tanqueray #10 gin and a jar of stuffed olives. It would make me feel much better about them and would have the definite quality of "doing something.". I am the pro bono chair of "Dad's don't demand anything" and we meet in my front room about 17:30 periodically to test out various Martini recipes.

With Republician leadership rolling over for a vote, it's pretty clear that things are not going in a favorable direction for those who support the Constitution...

With the undercurrent of unrest and desire to interrupt the upcoming conventions in an effort to force sufficient civil unrest to invoke Marshal Law, we are in deep, deep trouble folks.

I've said it before, I'll say it again here, don't be surprised if there are no Elections in November...

Listen to some of the off beat media, bad things, very bad things are brewing... Not being an alarmist, but it seems there's a perfect storm brewing... It might just end up creating "The American Patriot Summer"

#AmericanPatriotSummer

Then it seems like a soft approach like the one I'm taking is what we need.
Yes indeed, we need to engage in an intellectual, non-emotional manner, as you have done. You've set a pretty high standard for us to follow.

I try to always engage those who are opposed, trying to understand why, what stands in the way... It's typically a fear, fed by movies and media, of the unknown... Typically, they have no real understanding of the difference of models that are military and models that are civilian.

Education first, to understand differences in models, their capabilities and then their availability.

Next is to try to get them to a hands on setting... Invite them to come handle and learn. Perhaps even try shooting...

I've converted several friends who where either fence sitters or anti. If we can convert even a few, that boosts our numbers and our support...

Even just one convert, is a victory!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads