JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is the updated story of what actually happened...

West Virginia mother charged in false abduction report

Weird. Is this a case where she overreacted and then tried to justify it/save face later? Or maybe is she one of those people that crave attention and makes up B.S. to get it?

I remember that one lady during an election year who burned her own face with acid and said it was an a politically motivated attack. I think she burned the candidates name into her face or something as I recall. Crazy people out there.

Last Edited:
Here is the updated story of what actually happened...

West Virginia mother charged in false abduction report

Never believe what you read in the media -- everyone is pushing an agenda rather than looking for facts. When (or if) the surveillance video is released -- that's when it may be appropriate to make a judgment. Anyway, it's good to see a media outlet say this even if only at the end of the article:

"Unfortunately, as false accusations are becoming more prevalent in today's social media driven society, we are losing our grasp on 'presumed innocent until proven guilty,' and Mr. Zayan has been tried around the world by the court of public opinion," Zayan's public defender attorney, Michelle Protzman, said in a statement Thursday to The Associated Press.

Okay, after reading both links, this looks like a wholly preventable debacle spinning off of a mom's extreme embellishment and overreaction.

With that said, this is yet another reason (beyond the 999 I can think of) to not touch other peoples' kids.

800.jpg

"Unfortunately, as false accusations are becoming more prevalent in today's social media driven society, we are losing our grasp on 'presumed innocent until proven guilty,' and Mr. Zayan has been tried around the world by the court of public opinion," Zayan's public defender attorney, Michelle Protzman, said in a statement Thursday to The Associated Press.

IMO the "court of public opinion" works exactly opposite of the legal tenets of U.S. justice system. That's ok when it's just bar, campfire, or kitchen table talk, but unfortunately the MSM is usually the worst offender and can cause real damage to a person.

View attachment 567060

"Unfortunately, as false accusations are becoming more prevalent in today's social media driven society, we are losing our grasp on 'presumed innocent until proven guilty,' and Mr. Zayan has been tried around the world by the court of public opinion," Zayan's public defender attorney, Michelle Protzman, said in a statement Thursday to The Associated Press."

IMO the "court of public opinion" works exactly opposite of the legal tenets of U.S. justice system. That's ok when it's just bar, campfire, or kitchen table talk, but unfortunately the MSM is usually the worst offender and can cause real damage to a person.
This is exactly why I would never go to jury trial, unless I really commited a crime).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads