Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mom Shoots Toddler in the Forehead, Killing Him

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by AlphaCoyote, Oct 7, 2012.

1. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

Slatington police investigating fatal shooting of 19-month-old - mcall.com

Trying to empty a gun so she could sell it, mom accidentally fires the gun, hitting her 19 month old son in the forehead with a .44 while he was lying in his crib. She's been charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Stupid people like this are a greater threat to our gun rights than politicians are.

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Ahhh, Geez. That poor little guy. :(

3. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Anything can happen when drug involve

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Terrible!! Proof again that People, are always on the dangerous end of weapons. I feel for the families involved...

5. Hook686

Hook686 Northern California Active Member

A $200 .44 could not be much of a gun. It had to be a revolver. Now how does one accidently fire a revolver ?

6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Poor little guy! This just sucks! I hope that we don't hear the "mothers suffered enough" sentencing! Put her where she has a chance to get streight.

7. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

Drugs are responsible for nearly all our ills, but it means employment for lawyers and law enforcement.

8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Unfortunately,this may have been the easy way out for the poor kid.Imagine what his future was to be with a mother like that.
    Then they're going to do an autopsy.I guess the hole in his head wasn't enough proof what the cause was? Just bury the little guy.

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't so much of an accident. Kids do cut into drug money

9. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Well, $200 was what a doper was trying to get for the gun. Who knows what it was actually worth... She did say that she "did not know about guns". Or I guess it could have been stolen. Stolen guns go pretty cheap, right?

You can accidentally fire a revolver while decocking it.
    I'm picturing her pawing at a single action, trying to figure out how to open it as you would a typical double action, and pulling the hammer 3/4 of the way back before it slips. Or she could have been trying all of the controls on a semi-auto, hoping to release the magazine, and pulled the hammer back. Regardless, if she didn't know how to operate it she should never have fiddled with it. Guess she knows why now. Terrible.

10. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

The usual way, stuff your finger in the trigger guard and pull.

H

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.