JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after all the good advice about Moly Resin, I went ahead and ordered some. I ordered a quart of the semi gloss black, and it arrived today. I have my AK most of the way sandblasted, but I don't have an airbrush and my wife doesn't want me to bake it in our oven. I also have no experience with this finish or any other finish or even airbrushing for that matter. I am told that a quart is plenty for a couple of rifles, so if anyone can offer some assistance in the application and baking on my AK, I would gladly donate some Moly Resin so someone can refinish one of their firearms.

Please let me know if you are interested.

So after all the good advice about Moly Resin, I went ahead and ordered some. I ordered a quart of the semi gloss black, and it arrived today. I have my AK most of the way sandblasted, but I don't have an airbrush and my wife doesn't want me to bake it in our oven. I also have no experience with this finish or any other finish or even airbrushing for that matter. I am told that a quart is plenty for a couple of rifles, so if anyone can offer some assistance in the application and baking on my AK, I would gladly donate some Moly Resin so someone can refinish one of their firearms.

Please let me know if you are interested.

wait till she leaves the house then bake it with fans on she'll never know well there might be some odor left over but blame it on cleaning products.

I use harbor freight air brushes cheap disposable and does the job

if baking it the problem should have got Gun kote no bake type it does not need to be baked

heat all your parts up to at least 100 degrees. i think moly resin works better when applied at closer to 300 degrees. make sure all grease is off and clean before applying go to harbour freight for an airbrush. and just bake when the wife is gone , it does have a little smell to it but its not to bad

heat all your parts up to at least 100 degrees. i think moly resin works better when applied at closer to 300 degrees. make sure all grease is off and clean before applying go to harbour freight for an airbrush. and just bake when the wife is gone , it does have a little smell to it but its not to bad

I forgot to mention that heat it up first it opens the pours of the metal for a stonger bond

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top