Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mollalla Gravel Pit - yesterday

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by tamayo, Feb 24, 2013.

1. tamayo

tamayo North Valley, Oregon New Member

A friend and I went up to the Molalla Gravel Pit to shoot a few rounds from pistols. When we arrived, there were already people there so we went up the road a bit and found a place to pull over that was level. After shooting I was able to only get 3/4 of a black trash bag filled with trash left over from previous shooters.

Going back down the road, we stopped, and pulled in to the gravel pit and were glad to see that the gravel pit actually looked like someone did a clean up. Thank you to whoever did the clean up.

Sirmohawk and (deleted member) like this.
  2. soulrider

soulrider Aloha/Beaverton Member

I am curious, where is the gravel pit? when I was younger we would go up on goat mountain by the watershed, I dont think anyone calls it goat mountain anymore. You had to go past the entry to the pit turn around and come back down the logging road to the entry. couldnt make the u-turn. good for you on cleaning up, we need more people to do it.

Sirmohawk and (deleted member) like this.
  3. tamayo

tamayo North Valley, Oregon New Member

Hi:

If you go to Google maps, you can search for Mollala Gravel pits. Here is a link:

Molalla Gravel Pit - Google Maps

when traveling on South Molalla Road, the bridge is on the left and if the gate across the bridge is closed, then it is closed. While up there on Saturday, past the turn off for the gravel pit, there is some logging going on.