JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They do if you go to the right, but if you go left, then there are more turn outs and BLM land, but you need to go a few miles up the road, and across another bridge up a hill, to the "real gravel pit"

They do if you go to the right, but if you go left, then there are more turn outs and BLM land, but you need to go a few miles up the road, and across another bridge up a hill, to the "real gravel pit"

The pits I am talking about are at: Lat. 44°59'46.13"N x LONg. 122°28'55.82"W
Its a right after Pine Creek bridge, a couple miles up a winding bumpy hill and the clearing to the right is where the pits are. If this is the same spot great! if not, would you please email me the google earth coordinates. If the bridge is correct. Is the road on the left public or Weyerhouser land? I wanted to fish Pine Creek but not for $250 a year for Weyerhouser's day use pass.
Thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate it! Dan

I talked to a guy at the BLM office who runs the planning for the area and was told that the gate was in fact on BLM land but operated by Weyerhouser. He also vrified the "Pit" is on blm land and according to him even though that area is BLM and is has been "used historically as a common place to shoot" (his exact words), Weyerhouser closed the access road due to "active logging in the area". He went on to say that he does not know when of if it will be reopened.

I don't understand how Weyerhouser has the right to close access to public land whenever they decide ...

wrong ... no i don't think so, after all it is public land ....But legal , Im kinda leaning towards, prob not too legal. I have to admit I was up there last weekend and was thinking that very thing... who would know if that lock was "opened" and "accidentally" left that way for the weekend. Heck there was no signs of logging last Saturday anyways ...

@fatamos33, I drove out there on the weekend and it's locked! I don't know what the deal is. I suppose I will have to call Weyerhouser for the facts. Maybe the land was sold to them for more access for the Recreation area of the corridor? If it's BLM, I don't believe they can lock people off of public lands.

gate2.jpg sign.jpg

Here's a picture of the sign and gate at the bridge (Pine Creek)

gate2.jpg

sign.jpg

Mollala Rifle Club fees are as follows

Initiation Fee 50.00
Annual Dues 35.00

Annual work bond 75.00 or up to 12 hours of work per year. Cutting grass, attending meetings, Helping during open Range dates.

Go to their web site. If I knew how to link I would.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top