JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just checking if any NWFA members were out shooting in molalla last friday and happened to see a Taco Bell cup with collected brass in it?

We were out sighting in rifles and then did brass collecting after we were finished in the dark.

The place was kinda trashed more than normal. :(

Where do you normally go? We always try to pick up more than what we shot plus some garbage, but it's hard to keep up with some times. It seems like summer is worse because of all the parties that happen.

Is this the gravel pit out up the Molalla river area? I was out there this last weekend with my wife for an afternoon of shooting. (recently moved to the area, and recently found out about the place)

It looked really tore up with all the garbage and junk. We talked a bit about trying to organize some people together to go up there with a trailer and some people some afternoon to clean it up.

I understand how cool it is to shoot up yer old junk (TVs or whatever) but don't understand the mentality of the people that leave the crap behind.

At any rate. I enjoy the area, and its only about 30 miles out for us, so we'd like to clean it up some. If there is any interest in that, lets see what we can do.. :)

It seems like every gravel pit up there is trashed. On numerous occasions I've found peoples garbage withere name on it up there and have turned it in to the forestry department in town but haven't heard any of the results. VW Factor you can count me in any time just let me know when and where and ill try to round up a few more people.

If you do schedule a clean-up day make sure and post it.
I would like to help. I am wondering if some of the local 4x4 groups would pitch-in
Maybe advertise at Wild Bills

I'm in if it works for my schedule. Hopefully the area will see less traffic next summer, word is that they are closing the bridge for repairs on Dickey Prairie road just before you get to the Glen Avon bridge forcing a lot of people to take the long way around.

Dang - my computer is in for repairs and I only have my Blackberry. I cannot open your map.
Please give directions from exit 10 from I - 205.
I
Will be monitoring this thread for updates. This site also notifies me of new postings.

I will be there with a pickup truck to help.

Regards
Mike

Dang - my computer is in for repairs and I only have my Blackberry. I cannot open your map.
Please give directions from exit 10 from I - 205.
I
Will be monitoring this thread for updates. This site also notifies me of new postings.

I will be there with a pickup truck to help.

Regards
Mike

I would be really bad at getting directions for such a trip. Fax number or something? I can fax the google maps directions to you... PM for details. :)

From I205.
South on hwy 213 16 miles to hwy 211 (you'll see Safeway on the left).
East (left) on hwy 211 (aka Main St) 2 miles to the Y in the road.
Right at the Y onto Mathias road 1/4 mile then veer left onto Feyrer Park Rd.
Continue on Feyrer Park Rd 1 1/2 miles, cross the bridge, turn right onto Dickey Prairie Road.
Continue on Dickey Prairie Rd 1 1/2 miles, you'll see a store, veer right prior to the store to continue on Dickey Prairie Rd another 3 1/2 miles.
Turn right, cross the bridge and follow the pavement 5 1/2 miles.
A couple hundred feet past a parking area with a pit toilet, turn left and cross the Pine Creek Bridge.
Follow the gravel road to the right 1 3/4 miles, as you crest the hill you'll see the turn out for the pit on the right.

AWESOME. Count me in for the clean-up. I can't drive but maybe I can hitch on with another member in my 'hood? (I'll also pm the other members that I know who live close by me & see what they're up to on for the 28th, see if I could tag along with 'em)I'm kinda by Woodstock/Flavel & 60th area in SE PDX, or I can bike/bus to a meet-up place. I'll gladly kick in for gas & etc!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top