JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I"ll be there with some trash bags. You just post the time for the 28th,I live right at Glen Avon. The bridge closure has not happened but I will post if it does. I will try to contact Forestry or county to see if we create a pick-up point for the trash collected. There are some new changes being disscussed as to uses of the corridor area RE; anti-shooting. They have held several community forums and all have ended with a negative viewpoint on public target shooting all due to the garbage problem. I feel if they possible created a shooting area with trash cans and possibly a concrete shooting pad it would make it a **** of alot easier to police our brass and trash. I don't know about you guys but if I encounter others trashing my backyard, I say something. I guess I am just really happy to see people wanting to help. It was quite nice to see posts from members outside my community willing to give up their Sunday to help out. Cudos to both VW and NUtz for starting the disscussion.

I"ll be there with some trash bags. You just post the time for the 28th,I live right at Glen Avon. The bridge closure has not happened but I will post if it does. I will try to contact Forestry or county to see if we create a pick-up point for the trash collected. There are some new changes being disscussed as to uses of the corridor area RE; anti-shooting. They have held several community forums and all have ended with a negative viewpoint on public target shooting all due to the garbage problem. I feel if they possible created a shooting area with trash cans and possibly a concrete shooting pad it would make it a **** of alot easier to police our brass and trash. I don't know about you guys but if I encounter others trashing my backyard, I say something. I guess I am just really happy to see people wanting to help. It was quite nice to see posts from members outside my community willing to give up their Sunday to help out. Cudos to both VW and NUtz for starting the disscussion.

Absolutely man. Figured 1PM ought to be nice enough. I'll be there a bit earlier with a trailer for the bigger stuff. (last time out, I saw a friggin TV left all shot up).. I bet it was fun to shoot up though.

Hoping that if a big effort was put into getting it cleaned up, it may help to promote others to pack their stuff out when done. I am personally going to try to have a garbage bin for the back of my Pathfinder to help pickup after others in the future up there as well. This place is close for my wife and I to go shoot and would hate to see it shut down for something as easy as picking up garbage. :)

Any word if we have any "donated dumpster" space, or shall I just end up taking the trailer through the dump?

(I don't have any problem with that, just curious is all).

My wife picked up some gloves to at least keep hands somewhat dry, and some forceflex garbage bags.

Im going to bring a rake and shovel as well.

anything else?

I think Im going to be leaving Woodburn here @ around 11am. Take our time, and get there around 12noon we figure. Hit up Coffee Stop for some breakfast for ourselves, and headed up.. (Awesome bagels btw, and the coffee is super. 211/214 cross @ the 99 just north of the light @ the gas station.. Don't stop @ the dirty dutch bros.. lol).

Bringing some water and some bags for garbage. Going to have a trailer for the big stuff.

We may not get it all, but we hope to get a lot of it. Trying to make it count!

Hope to meet some good people who care. My wife Jayme and I (Dave) will be there. Its a gold Nissan, and I'll have a trailer up there.

Perhaps even do a little shooting if things go well and things are lookin good. :D

Hey Dave and all y'all- THANKS for what you're doing!! I'm bummed that I can't join you there, dang work! :s0054: But a buddy and I are gonna get up there during the week to see if there's more we can do-- your directions are a huge help. Take before, during, and after pics/video! It'd be good to send out a press release to highlight the good work you're doing... since my job entails zillions of hours in front of a computer at home, I'm well situated to at least help you put that together and get it out...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top