JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off. Thank you so very much everyone who was able to come out and pitch in. Things went very well! While its not perfect, its a great start, and I'm pretty sure we got picked up 99% of the stuff up there. We filled up the trailer pretty quickly.

I'm awful with names myself, however I think Jayme counted 8 including ourselves. If ya'll came to pitch in, give yourself a huge pat on the back and post about your experience here please.

It was wonderful to meet some new people who all care about whats going on, and came to give us a hand.

Heres some pics after resizing, enjoy and everyone.. Great job today!

IMAG0032 (Small).jpg

IMAG0031 (Small).jpg

IMAG0039 (Small).jpg

IMAG0041 (Small).jpg

IMAG0045 (Small).jpg

It was good meeting all who helped today. That place was looking good when we left, I hope it stays that way.
And thank you VW_Factor for setting it up and hauling the crap away.

To everyone that participated in the clean up, thank you very much for caring and cleaning up a local shooting spot. I apologize for not being there today I completely spaced it and by the time I got skydivers message it was too late. Again thank you and I'll see ya at the next one.

I had a great time meeting new friends and shooters. I even bought two shootin items from Skydiver. Thanks for the great deal - my son in law really likes the Trijicon scope for his new left hand Stag Arms AR. :s0155:

Hope to see it stay clean - But that aint gonna happen.

See ya all out there soon.

Regards Mike aka - ekimnelo

well done well done well done!!
VW and all, I think it'd be great to put together a little press release to send to the area papers, large and small. We all know how important it is to let it be seen and known that we're not all clueless poo-heads :) I regret I had to work Sunday and couldn't join you there, but I'd be glad to compile the info on what you all did & post a sample press release here... I'm gonna pm you later today VW, and everybody else who was involved, post your pics here! Plus, maybe an estimate of how much junk you picked up, etc.??

well done well done well done!!
VW and all, I think it'd be great to put together a little press release to send to the area papers, large and small. We all know how important it is to let it be seen and known that we're not all clueless poo-heads :) I regret I had to work Sunday and couldn't join you there, but I'd be glad to compile the info on what you all did & post a sample press release here... I'm gonna pm you later today VW, and everybody else who was involved, post your pics here! Plus, maybe an estimate of how much junk you picked up, etc.??

I can zip up and email the lot of the pics if you'd like.

As well, we tossed a little over 600 lbs. of garbage this morning at the dump :)

If I even knew how to make up a press release, I would.. I don't have the skill to write like that. :(

Thank you VW_Factor for setting this up and everyone else who attended. I have to agree the place looked much better. Good work everyone. I had a great time and enjoyed meeing fellow NWFA members.

I think it'd be great to put together a little press release to send to the area papers, large and small

This is a great idea, but please try and keep it local. Positive local media will lead to the pit remaining open to area shooters. The Molalla Pioneer is the local paper and always has community involved segments. Large scale media does create more awareness, but it will also attract more users of the pit, which generally isn't bad, but if 50 new shooters start coming out every week all it takes is a handful of these new people being pit abusers and a cleanup will be an every month occurrence and could attract negative local attention.

Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday, the wifey told me I'd be attending a wedding.

I can zip up and email the lot of the pics if you'd like.
As well, we tossed a little over 600 lbs. of garbage this morning at the dump :)
If I even knew how to make up a press release, I would.. I don't have the skill to write like that. :(
WHOA- 600+ lbs, that's awesome y'all! It'd be PERFECT to zip me the pics-- and no worries, writing press releases isn't so much a skill as just sheer repetition that I've done 80 zillion times over the years :s0114: you (or anybody here) can send me any info at atypicalparkie /*at*\g mail dot com. AND:
mh34444 said:
This is a great idea, but please try and keep it local. Positive local media will lead to the pit remaining open to area shooters. The Molalla Pioneer is the local paper and always has community involved segments. Large scale media does create more awareness, but it will also attract more users of the pit, which generally isn't bad, but if 50 new shooters start coming out every week all it takes is a handful of these new people being pit abusers and a cleanup will be an every month occurrence and could attract negative local attention.
VERY good point. I was thinking that closer-to-the-site, community papers would be best but I hadn't considered the reasons you listed. I'd think it good to list the participants by their forum names (or however y'all would prefer to be cited), and I'd be much obliged for suggestions on any other papers/etc that it'd be wise to send a press release to.

I will, of course, post any such thing here for members to review/make suggestions on before I submit it :s0155:

Pics are on their way tonight. My internet is pretty bad where Im at. Made sure it was going to be an off time so I don't saturate my connection all day. :)

Edit : Bounced back. Exceeded max size.. I'll resize it all and try it again later.

First off. Thank you so very much everyone who was able to come out and pitch in. Things went very well! While its not perfect, its a great start, and I'm pretty sure we got picked up 99% of the stuff up there. We filled up the trailer pretty quickly.

I'm awful with names myself, however I think Jayme counted 8 including ourselves. If ya'll came to pitch in, give yourself a huge pat on the back and post about your experience here please.

It was wonderful to meet some new people who all care about whats going on, and came to give us a hand.

Heres some pics after resizing, enjoy and everyone.. Great job today!

great job, but i'm sorry to tell you i was just up there today counted 4 tv 1 washer, 35 empty pop cans, 1 sofa burnt to a crisp, now that was just on top of the snow about 2 feet.

Pics are on their way tonight. My internet is pretty bad where Im at. Made sure it was going to be an off time so I don't saturate my connection all day. :)

Edit : Bounced back. Exceeded max size.. I'll resize it all and try it again later.

Cool man! and re: this post:
Originally Posted by prkrgrp
great job, but i'm sorry to tell you i was just up there today counted 4 tv 1 washer, 35 empty pop cans, 1 sofa burnt to a crisp, now that was just on top of the snow about 2 feet.
AAAAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH! oh maaan prkrgrp I hope you're kidding! but I reckon none of us would be surprised if your post was on the up-and-up...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top