JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PDF for printing flyers!

A buddy of mine came in and reminded me. He, my wife and I set a date of July 2nd. 10am. Celebrate the weekend of Independence Day with us and help to clean up a spot where we enjoy one of our activities that make this country great!

Again, we'll have a trailer with us. Seeing what we got last time, we'll bring a bigger one this time. Joe and Kathy down at the Gun Broker here in Woodburn will be taking some donations to help cover costs of the dump run and perhaps trailer rental, so stop by, say hi and drop off a dollar or two. :)

Anyone down to bring maybe a small grill and some hotdogs or something? Other ideas?

PM me, or email [email protected]

Edit : Added .pdf for printing flyers

I am not the best coordinator, but I'll do the best I can to keep this thread updated with current information and goings on. :)

-Thanks

-Dave

Saw your flier at the Woodburn Gun Broker today. I'm a occasional user of the pit, and was just saying to the kid last time we were up there that we should get with some people and get it cleaned up. Looked exceptionally bad this last time up. So I will be there baring some family disaster. I'll bring a case of {{{COLD}}} water bottles for the cleanup crew. :)

Saw your flier at the Woodburn Gun Broker today. I'm a occasional user of the pit, and was just saying to the kid last time we were up there that we should get with some people and get it cleaned up. Looked exceptionally bad this last time up. So I will be there baring some family disaster. I'll bring a case of {{{COLD}}} water bottles for the cleanup crew. :)

Excellent! We all thank you for your participation in the event. Also, welcome to NWFA!

Home, after the dump. Jayme and I spent a couple hours @ the dump getting the trailer unloaded. The load was too heavy to pull the tarp to get the crap out, so we ended up shoveling and raking it out. Overall we unloaded 2100 pounds (about 1/3 of that was gravel weight).

At any rate, I'll scan the receipt, and I will probably ask for donations to help cover some of the cost of the dump run, it was ninety two dollars. Last time we did this it was about forty bucks, so that was no big deal. With the trailer rental to carry the load and the trailer, we're looking at about $150. So, if anyone is interested in helping to cover the cost, please let me know. I will PM a paypal email for such things.

Mike, James, and Ralph.. Thank you very much for your assistance in the clean up, I know that we didn't get the 12 people we did last time, but we got the place looking 100% better. Pics and such to follow, after I shower and get all the crap me. Overall, it was a huge success! Enjoy the spoils of a job well done! :D

And the receipt and the reason we are asking for donations to help with the cost..

receipt.jpg

For serious. It was a lot of work, but in the end, worth it.

Thinking about maybe headed up for the 4th and shooting a bit. Those tannerite targets, one of the official re-sellers is in Donald. Thinking about maybe headed up there, to see if he has any.

You guys are local HEROES! I drove up this morning and had to pinch myself.FANTASTIC, I know that cost those involved cash and a whole lot of sweat. I don't quite know how to get this down but I really think this effort should be brought to the attention of the local paper ( Molalla Tribune ) Get those photos posted in the paper. Lars Larson?Looking at the site inj that condition really made me sit and think some things over ( before sighting in ) As an AK lover and a participant in the current US economy, the only 7.62x39 I shoot in STEEL case. I am quite sure some of whats left behind is mine. It was like looking curbside at a busy intersection and noticing the hundreds of ciggarette butts discarded (littered) Maybe it is time for us to include a large magnet in our shooting kit? No joke, I sat there for at least 45min. reflecting on what you guys had accomplished. Let me know about the local paper idea, I would be more than happy to do leg/phone work to try and get a FTF with them. This story is something this community can really appreciate and it sheds such a positive image to the shooting community that lets face it no one ever admits. VWguy send me a pm on # of members involved, like I said the economy stinks but I would sure like to do some sort of pay it forward reward to those involved NO BS. Thanks guys.

I appreciate the work you guys did up there. I'm sure it was needed. I won't go back there again since the last time I was there. Was with 2 other guys and 2 of us went down range to change targets when a truck full of guys and gals pulls in, and a guy jumps out and immediately fired a round into the woods from a shotgun with us down at the gravel pile.We were on our way down as they pulled in. Scared the crap out of me, and I really had to use self control to only say the few direct words to the group (who were also drinking) that I did before leaving.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top