JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New to the site. We have sharpened our skills at the indoor ranges, would like to take it outside along with some bigger stuff. BLM sent me pdf file for some quarries outside of Molalla. Any advice or info about these spots? Estacada still open above the no shoot area? Thanks for any help.

Theres a pit in the Molalla river cooridor that I like to use. Mostly 80 yards but a theres a spot you can reach 100 yards. Can get crowded on weekends in the afternoon but rarely is packed full of people. Molalla Forest Road and cross the Pine Creek Bridge, turn right after the bridge, couple miles up the hill and when the road levels out turn right into the pit.

Theres a pit in the Molalla river cooridor that I like to use. Mostly 80 yards but a theres a spot you can reach 100 yards. Can get crowded on weekends in the afternoon but rarely is packed full of people. Molalla Forest Road and cross the Pine Creek Bridge, turn right after the bridge, couple miles up the hill and when the road levels out turn right into the pit.

I must be dumb as a rock, I drove out there and could not even find the Molalla Forest Road or Pine Creek Bridge. I went up and down the 213 and the 211. Over to Camby and all over the back roads from 213 over to Camby. I could not find it. Need a map I guess.

From the 4 corners in Molalla 213/211 what are the directions?

I must be dumb as a rock, I drove out there and could not even find the Molalla Forest Road or Pine Creek Bridge. I went up and down the 213 and the 211. Over to Camby and all over the back roads from 213 over to Camby. I could not find it. Need a map I guess.

From the 4 corners in Molalla 213/211 what are the directions?

This is the only way I know how to get to that spot. Take 213 through downtown Mololla, at the 4 way stop go straight. That turns into Sawtell rd, keeeeeeeeeep going until you come to a small cemetery on the left, sawtell takes a hard right but stay straight onto Trout Creek rd. After a few miles (5-6?) in runs into a stop sign, turn right, it follows the mololla river for 6 miles, the bridge is on your left. After crossing the bridge stay right for 2 miles, the open gravel area is on your right......

the Molalla Rifle club is still open, We recently completed an entirely new 100 yard backstop and impact area, the 50 yd range is being finshed. There are 5 to 6 scheduled club shoots and clinics open to the public each year. The phone messages and internet sites are being updated and monitored much more frequently, if you call, leave your name and address and request an application. :s0155:

This is the only way I know how to get to that spot. Take 213 through downtown Mololla, at the 4 way stop go straight. That turns into Sawtell rd, keeeeeeeeeep going until you come to a small cemetery on the left, sawtell takes a hard right but stay straight onto Trout Creek rd. After a few miles (5-6?) in runs into a stop sign, turn right, it follows the mololla river for 6 miles, the bridge is on your left. After crossing the bridge stay right for 2 miles, the open gravel area is on your right......

Thank you Brandon, I did not go down past the four way stop south of Molalla. I may buzz down to check it out today. Bet its busy on the Holiday.

I found the place today about 3pm and managed to do about an hour of shooting before heading home. Its out quite a bit further that I thought from the West Linn area.

Nice place though, very clean. I took out what I brought in, brass, targets but did not take the time to dig out the lead.

There was one other family there at the time in a white tahoe, I beleve two guys shooting handguns and a 22 rifle.

I touched off a few rounds from my new 30-06, first time out with it, and was surprised at the kick. Pretty stiff recoil out of the Rem 700 SPS with synthetic stock. Fired the 30-30 and lots of 22 LR. Had a fun time.

I did not get a chance to sight in the scope on the Rem 06, but will do that the next time when I can put out a distance target and maybe take a spotter with me.

Hey longcolt it sounds like you took the scenic route today. If you come down 213 to the traffic light by safeway, that is main st./ 211 follow that until it forks by the gas station and landscape supply go right at the fork and take the sharp left hand turn follow the road until you come to a T just past feyer park at the T take a right that is dickey prairie rd follow that until you come to a sharp right hand turn imediately after that there is a bridge ( glen avon bridge ) turn right onto it once past the bridge this is the road that you turned right onto off of trout creek rd.

The directions sound complicated but its pretty easy, hope this helps-Jason

Hey longcolt it sounds like you took the scenic route today. If you come down 213 to the traffic light by safeway, that is main st./ 211 follow that until it forks by the gas station and landscape supply go right at the fork and take the sharp left hand turn follow the road until you come to a T just past feyer park at the T take a right that is dickey prairie rd follow that until you come to a sharp right hand turn imediately after that there is a bridge ( glen avon bridge ) turn right onto it once past the bridge this is the road that you turned right onto off of trout creek rd.

The directions sound complicated but its pretty easy, hope this helps-Jason

Thanks Jason. I did figure that out when I came back home. Stayed on Dickey Prairie Road all the way back, its a much nicer road than going up Trout Creek Rd.

If anyone still knows about this spot could you please go onto google maps and click onto the location to get the coordinates. All these directions are really confusing. If you post the coordinates it will be easy. Thanks.

do you know if this place is still active?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top