JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also do any of you know how long they hold their max lumens for? I'd love to see a runtime chart.

@titsonritz or @Cerberus Group have either of you really beat the pizz out of one to see how reliable they are? How does their pressure switch compare to others?

Also do any of you know how long they hold their max lumens for? I'd love to see a runtime chart.

@titsonritz or @Cerberus Group have either of you really beat the pizz out of one to see how reliable they are? How does their pressure switch compare to others?
I use either the SF SR07 switch, or integrate the light using the buttons on the MAWL with a cable I make.

20211118_103141.jpg

I still teach a 3 day recon course in day, low, and no light...both on the range and in the brush...so far no problems using the above switch configurations. Don't have any experience with other switches, hopefully others can chime in with their experience.

I see your concern about longevity with both battery life and quality of the parts. If folks are honest with themselves and their gear, few really put much of anything to hard use...as long as that frame of reference is brought out from the start, we can can then get a good idea of the quality vs use etc.

Unfortunately, a lot of gear gives out with normal light use...ugh

Last Edited:

I'll have to see if I can find a chart. I believe they stay at their full intensity until the battery reaches a certain point the light will flash and they go into a reduced output mode, that clue you in to change batteries. I don't always make my run time a big priority and sometime chose to use an 18350 even though I know there is a big hit on runtime. I'll expect to change it during a class but an 18650 will usually make it though the night. I keep plenty of spare batteries on hand along with multiple chargers.

Not this HOG but their other lights are based on the SF Scout pattern so the parts interchange along with Reptilia and Arisaka, so I'll mix and match as I required to fit specific needs. Since I don't fully trust pressure switches I use SF DS tail switches so I have a backup I have a mix of SF tape switches and Unity Hot buttons, I haven't bought a Modlite ModButton yet but have heard they are great and intent to one of these days. I would say they are very tough lights, probably on par with SF. I use but don't abuse my stuff, they have taken some knocks and even a few drops, no problems.

All these light manufacturers...they say "1350 Lumens, 2 1/2 hour runtime". :D

Runtime charts tell such a different story. For ALL of them. You get that output for a few minutes, then it drops like a rock. That's current LED/battery tech. Nobody is immune. :)
It's all about creativity...and which company who's better at creative writing.

I have had a descent amount of time behind a rifle in low light no light training and hunting. Mod light is the only one I'll buy bay more. I can light up a white steel target and engage it with a lpvo in full dark with my rifle lights. The battery issues.. If you can afford the light factor 4 batteries to run them. I picked up my setup on the yard sale. And saved a few bucks.
The dual fuel setup is good. I run it in my hand held. It works great.
I've taken Steve's PUC clave twice and a few others from him. He loans some of his lights out and they get beat to hell. They work like a timex watch.
I did have one PLV-H2 DF go bad on me. I had tracking on a new one before I got the RMA email.
Both my rifles have Arisaka bodies with surefire caps and unity hot buttons. Both wear OKW heads. My stribog has a PLV-H2

Some cool support items...

Boost Adapter
Thyrm Cellvault 21

If you run a lot batteries and haven't checked out Thyrm Cell Vaults, give them a look. I've been using their 18 and 5m vaults for a while now and I love them, they are awesome. I got sick of all the bags and pouches and loose batteries, these solved my problem. I've got a few 18s on various pieces of gear including my EDC pack, bug out bag and a 5M in my kit bag.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top