JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont think any of the police here in Vantuky could tell if a gun had been modified.:D I'm not too worried.
It wouldn't be up to the local cops, the DA's so called "expert" would be the one who could cause us problems, then it's up to us to pay our attorney $600 an hour to explain it.

It's my gun I can decorate it how I want .the decorations don't mean anything .or affect the way it shoots.i change the trigger on my Glock 22 it does make it easier to shoot so I shoot better with it . that's it AS LONG AS THE BAD GUY IS DEAD WHO CARES.
Do you think they would bring this B.S. up in court if a gay guy used a pink gun .NOPE I DON'T THINK SO

I heard that if you have an aftermarket barrel for your Glock they'll say it was premeditated and you were going to swap out the barrel to try to get away with it.

not really

This seems to be a hot button issue.
What do you think about this ?
Is there any truth to it that a prosecutor could come after you as a trigger-happy gun goon if your EDC was found to be modified ?
i carry a bone stock s&w shield. wont carry a non factory modified weapon except night sights

I currently carry a bone stock unmodified 50cal BMG compact 19rd pocket carry model with stock sights and police issued ammo.

not really

DSC03431.jpg
About as "stock " as you can get for 1760 or so....
22 grains of 2F . patch and a .390 pure lead round ball....:D
Andy

Just about always carrying cheap 115gr to 124gr FMJ ammo. Same stuff I use at the range. Mostly Winchester white box, Blazer Brass, Remington. Whatever is on sale. I know there are guys who insist on the most lethal round they can find, but I'd prefer to NOT have to explain my ammo choice to a prosecutor if I should ever have to use my EDC for self-defense. Besides FMJ rounds always feed correctly. Sometimes hollow points or truncated rounds can get stuck on the ramp. Just my 2 cents.

Are you concerned about a civil suit if your cheap FMJ rounds pass through your target and into an innocent? There's a reason why PDs use quality hollow points, which, by the way, is almost always Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST.

Ammunition is the hot button. Always use off the shelf factory ammo. If you use handloads for self defense, the prosecutor could try to say that you intentionally made the loads too hot, thus your intent was to exceed the factory intended purpose for the ammo, etc. It could go really sideways from a simple self defense situation to where they try and build a character case portraying you as an over zealous gun nut. Don't give them any wiggle room. Save hand loads for the range.
USE RIP AMMO. ;)
images.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews