JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Click on edit. Then when the screen comes up to edit the body of the ad, click edit again.

Then you will be able to type in the title block.

Coctailer,

I tried that but still no dice on the ability of modifying the Original Thread Title. If you have the power can you hook me up and change the price on the Benelli Nova H2O to read $400 vice $425. Thanks in advance.

<thread titled edited per request... and PM sent>

Last edited by a moderator:
If there are obvious sharks then deal with the sharks. Do not impose ridiculously tight rules on honest board members. I still do not see who it benefits. Even if a "shark" posts 10 ads a day he is still selling something, right? I want to see what is for sale. I do not want to trudge back 10 pages to see if any changes have been made to an ad I have already read.

"Bump wars" are the same thing as peeing matches over political differences... the original point is lost as one member keeps trying to one up the other.

The point is, the rules are the rules. What Joey has implemented here is simply a way to "remind" people... sharks and "normal' folks alike, what the rules are here without us mods constantly having to babysit them.

Sharks will either get the point and change their behavior... or leave. Either option is better than free-for-all bump wars. "Normal" folks shouldn't have an issue with it, unless they simply like to complain. :rolleyes:

Coctailer,

I tried that but still no dice on the ability of modifying the Original Thread Title. If you have the power can you hook me up and change the price on the Benelli Nova H2O to read $400 vice $425. Thanks in advance.

<thread titled edited per request... and PM sent>

I believe you can do this by editing the original post - once you are in edit mode, click the "Go Advanced" button. This should allow you access to edit the title of the thread.

I need to find a way for regular users to edit their thread titles, it's a permissions issue within the software. They're able to edit the title that appears once the thread is entered, but the title in the list of threads remains the same.

"Bump wars" are the same thing as peeing matches over political differences... the original point is lost as one member keeps trying to one up the other.

The point is, the rules are the rules. What Joey has implemented here is simply a way to "remind" people... sharks and "normal' folks alike, what the rules are here without us mods constantly having to babysit them.

Sharks will either get the point and change their behavior... or leave. Either option is better than free-for-all bump wars. "Normal" folks shouldn't have an issue with it, unless they simply like to complain. :rolleyes:

I don't see bumps when I pee:cartman:
In all honesty though, it seems that the ones disputing the rules are the ones breaking them. Who really cares if its 7, 10, or 12 days before you bump? At least you still get to.

I appreciate fairness... but I also agree with PP. I guess I will have to agree to disagree as well!

An interesting observation, another forum I frequent (archerytalk) has a rule where you are allowed to bump 4 times each day. No one complains about others bumping in front of them (since they can do the same thing) and it allows active motivated sellers to keep their ad closer to the top. Sellers that don't care how quickly an item is sold can let theirs fall back a few pages. Since bumping is limited to 4 per day, it keeps people from going nuts. And btw, their f/s section is MUCH busier than this one (after 2 hours you're back on page 5) yet everyone is happy.

What about considering a compromise? Say, a bump every couple of days? Gives everyone a fair shot but allows motivated sellers to not fall 7 pages back after a full week goes by.

I appreciate fairness... but I also agree with PP. I guess I will have to agree to disagree as well!

An interesting observation, another forum I frequent (archerytalk) has a rule where you are allowed to bump 4 times each day. No one complains about others bumping in front of them (since they can do the same thing) and it allows active motivated sellers to keep their ad closer to the top. Sellers that don't care how quickly an item is sold can let theirs fall back a few pages. Since bumping is limited to 4 per day, it keeps people from going nuts. And btw, their f/s section is MUCH busier than this one (after 2 hours you're back on page 5) yet everyone is happy.

What about considering a compromise? Say, a bump every couple of days? Gives everyone a fair shot but allows motivated sellers to not fall 7 pages back after a full week goes by.

Seems to me like your point is not about having the rule but rather the specific time period OF the rule. Well, everyone has an opinion about how frequent is TOO frequent.

So I guess what I don't see is how changing the time period is going to do anything besides please a tiny majority who don't like it as it now stands while ticking off the larger majority who have gotten used to living within the rule as it now exists??

Not trying to poke your post specifically but rather the whole thread. :rolleyes:

I think it is a great new function. Price your item correctly and you won't need a bump. Over price it and you are stuck waiting for your chance to bump it. Usually the items I see getting bumped are over priced. I don't want to see them at the top no matter how much the seller wants to get rid of them.

I think it is a great new function. Price your item correctly and you won't need a bump. Over price it and you are stuck waiting for your chance to bump it. Usually the items I see getting bumped are over priced. I don't want to see them at the top no matter how much the seller wants to get rid of them.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. :s0155:

I think you just hit the nail on the head. :s0155:

:s0166:

Where oh where are the chronic bumpers with their witty retorts now?? :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top