JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like you are describing the Noveske ghetto blaster.

ghettoblasterRecoil-670x446.png
Or Q Honey Badger.
HB-BRACE-RIGHT-CLOSED_1024x1024.jpg

The only bolt action take downs I know of are really expensive.

Like the Nemesis Vanquish. Which is pretty much exactly what your description details.

nemesis-vanquish-308-16-a.jpg

My personal favorite (if I still owned one):

AK-1FullView.jpg

Norinco 86S bullpup AK. Only 2000 of them imported before the '86 ban, none since. All metal (except for the handgrips), most parts interchange with standard AK parts. Short and handy, runs like an AK.

A pretty good self-defense rifle, enough power for hunting west of the Cascades, ubiquitous ammo and mags and parts. Concealable in a backpack.

Years ago, when I owned one of these, I was able to hit a man sized target at 500 meters about 50% of the time, standing off-hand, with surplus ammo - don't let anyone tell you that an AK isn't dangerous to a target beyond 2-300 meters.

Downsides: cannot use a drum mag, cheap Chinese blueing instead of parkerizing, gets hot after laying in the sun and cold against the cheek in the winter, short sight radius.

Today these go for about $3K as they are collectors items.

Update! I picked up a Savage 111 Hunter .223 with the keyed Barrel nut, i also have a set of CAD files I generated to build the lower frame/mag well/Trigger loop using standard AR mags! I found a bunch of 10 round mags to play with as well. Ordered two barrels, one in .223 Wylde 1/7 twist 16 inch and the .300 B.O. in a 11 inch! Both should be here soon:)
Also have CAD files for a set of barrel clamps to attach a forend. havn't decided on the sights yet, but looks like a short rail section for the bolt shroud so I can use a M1 Carbine sight with both barrels and a barrel clamp M-14 type front sight that will clear a suppressor! Still figuring out the quick nut for barrel set up, but likely a keyed sleeved nut set up, prolly knurled! Will update when all the parts are here and I start assembly and will add photos then!

I'm sure you could find something out there, I saw that Howa makes some barreled actions (which i'm guessing is everthing except a stock).
I'm sure you could find a parts kit. Maybe the parts for a Ruger Ranch? It's definitely an interesting idea, and i like it more than a .22lr survival gun. I would probably look for milsurp parts, and build my own from there..

Only concern I am having is how much torque I actually need for proper barrel retention and weather or not I can achieve that by hand or if I will need a light weight wrench added to the forend kit!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top