JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys got me thinking so I went out and pulled out the box for my very first pistol. I bought it July 3, 1975 at Pay Less. Total cost was $96.49 for a Colt .22 Peacemaker with a 6" barrel. I still have the box, the paperwork and of course the Colt.........I remember JC Penny's selling guns...

Ahhhhh. Back when times were easier and everything didn't have a warning sticker on it.

In the 50's my Dad bought me a 303 Enfield out of a barrel of them at Sears in Salem. I think it was $25. You could go in the shoe dept and look at the bones in your feet in an x-ray machine.

Gee I'm glad I got a Del-Ton!

work.5261778.1.flat,550x550,075,f.big-grin.jpg

Heck I lived in places that Walmart was the only real game in town. Supercenters. From bush hogs to fishing tackle to fresh local produce. Before they show up we were just your standard mouth breathers.

The Longview wal-mart has a Sig AR and a Bushy. I asked to see one and the guy handed me the rifle with a closed bolt with a mag inserted. I promptly cleared the weapon and looked it over and handed it back open, clear and safe. That's when it got good. The gun guy figured how to insert the mag but dropped it to the deck trying to close the bolt. Then closed the dust cover in the attempt to close the bolt. I started to walk away and heard the bolt close. The gun guy well, he does not know much about Wal-Mart's new black rifles...

When I bought my bushy from the woodvillage Walmart the manager signing off on the paperwork when a lady asked what kinda rifle it was he basically shouted " its an assault weapon " I don't know maybe its just me but it made me kring, I feel a hair bit bad buying it like I was going out to shoot up a 7/11 or something

I went into whole sales sports on 82nd and they had the exact same rifle, but with all magpul moe equipment for 999.99 and I paid 907.00 with backgound for mine with standard factory equipment kind kick myself in the ***, but hey what you going to do plus I can order my stuff thru allsports for cost plus 10%

When I bought my bushy from the woodvillage Walmart the manager signing off on the paperwork when a lady asked what kinda rifle it was he basically shouted " its an assault weapon " I don't know maybe its just me but it made me kring, I feel a hair bit bad buying it like I was going out to shoot up a 7/11 or something

he's probably a fudd and was contemplating quitting his job for moral objection as he wrote it up.

I've read that Walmart profit has been down this year. One reason is that they are not passing on the wholesale price increases of many items. Maybe they can keep the higher profit margin selling modern repeating rifles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top