JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered a brand new HK SP89 in 94 right before the ban for $1200. Before it even showed up I had it sold for $2900.

Really though there is not much use for them. As a full auto suppression weapon for law enforcement is one thing but going out and trying to plink with a semi auto one is just silly. At least that has been my experience, Same thing with a UZI (which I have had several of) They sound neat in theory but are not all that much good for anything.

Guess it depends on what you want. I have had this one for years and love it. I have shown it many times, but here it is again.

I did mine before SBR was legal in WA, and even then I might still have built it as is to save the stamp. It is 16" barrel length as the can is permanently attached. Takes Glock mags. Has familiar controls. Accepts almost any accessory you can imagine.

DSC_0010.jpg

I have shot the real MP5SD and it is amazingly fun. While it would be fun to have a semi auto one, it would not be the same. Although I do have the .22 GSG version and they are fun.

Guess it depends on what you want. I have had this one for years and love it. I have shown it many times, but here it is again.

I did mine before SBR was legal in WA, and even then I might still have built it as is to save the stamp. It is 16" barrel length as the can is permanently attached. Takes Glock mags. Has familiar controls. Accepts almost any accessory you can imagine.

View attachment 125269

I have shot the real MP5SD and it is amazingly fun. While it would be fun to have a semi auto one, it would not be the same. Although I do have the .22 GSG version and they are fun.
Lone wolf?

Nwcid-

That is a long cry from a SP-89 though. You can shoulder that thing and use the sights. In otherwords you can actually shoot it at something. Holding a SP-89 (semi auto MP-5) up in front of your face is not so hot, blasting from the hip looks cool but is pointless. I bought a little mirco Uzi thinking that thing would be a blast, Not so much. You can only "spray and pray" so much before it gets boring.

Now if you can SBR/put a stock on it? Whole different ball game

That Sig looks pretty cool! I want something compact, fast handling, and cool looking. It's going to be a toy, it's gotta have the cool factor to it. I'm not a fan of lasers on serious weapons, but I think one would be cool on something like this. I guess I'm sticking with the AR15 SBR.

Grabagun has 9mm Colt ARs for just a bit over $1K.

There aren't a lot of options out there when it comes to pistol caliber carbines. Personally also like the Ruger PC carbines, but those have gotten expensive in the last few years too. For 45ACP I kinda like the USC to UMPish conversions or an M1A1... The HK is way too rich for my blood and the M1A1 handles like a fence post (fine if its running full otto, but not so cool when its semi-auto only).

Have had this one almost 15-years. Took 14-months to get the Form 1 back, but it seems to make it to the range every time and is a favorite of all involved. Wish it were a flat-top and do have half a mind to just buy another (like in the grabagun link) and SBR that. Colt magazines aren't cheap, but get the gun, nut up and get some mags and you have a gun that runs great and is a lot of fun to shoot.

401102398s_zpsfec4ca1f.jpe

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews