JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a shop called fairfax firearms that specializes in revolving rifle conversions and I've dreamt of a 30-30 or 45-70 revolving rifle similar to that

View attachment 811294 View attachment 811296

Great first post, only took nearly three years.

Wow! Those are neat-o. I found the details here. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Thanks indeed, those are very cool. I'm thinking a 16" barrel 460 S&W revolving rifle would be pretty happenin'.

Last Edited:
You guys are terrible. I went to a local Pawn Shop today and look what came home with me.

IMG-6340.jpg

IMG-6341.jpg

Yeah....it's a BB gun. And it doesn't currently work. BUT, But, but.....think about that project?:s0037:

Aloha, Mark

I received an email alert from SARCO this morning that they were back in stock, so ordered one pronto. Now I see sold out again, so timing worked.

According to ATF, one can convert between pistol and rifle, no problemo. And can always eForm an SBR for wacky adventures. Knowing my propensities, I likely will. (I also explain to wife just now idea and she said why not just file for the stamp.) :s0155:

1911_stock_set3__87562.1608326590.jpg

A Cut Above in Aloha has an actual Mauser sitting in the display case as of yesterday.

You see the price tag on it?
Ya, $1400, they also had a Ruger PC Carbine, the current one, for $1000. They have always been high, but I've negotiated with them in the past and had them drop %50 off asking price.

Ya, $1400, they also had a Ruger PC Carbine, the current one, for $1000. They have always been high, but I've negotiated with them in the past and had them drop %50 off asking price.
They'd probably have to, if I wanted to pay that much I'd get it from the OAC show. At least I know those guys have probably taken care of it.

They'd probably have to, if I wanted to pay that much I'd get it from the OAC show. At least I know those guys have probably taken care of it.
They buy at low ball prices. I know, I've brought one in to test them out. They know their stuff, for the most part, and mark up the price to current market pricing. They prey on the uneducated. While I was there for a transfer yesterday, a lady purchased a simple pump action shotgun and a SW semi for some $1500 cash. I just smiled and said nothing. They were nice to her and answered all of her questions, sadly she didn't once think to question the prices.

I received an email alert from SARCO this morning that they were back in stock, so ordered one pronto. Now I see sold out again, so timing worked.

According to ATF, one can convert between pistol and rifle, no problemo. And can always eForm an SBR for wacky adventures. Knowing my propensities, I likely will. (I also explain to wife just now idea and she said why not just file for the stamp.) :s0155:

View attachment 838077

I ordered this on the last run and was extremely dissapointed with the quality of the stock. The metal on the hardware can be bent with your fingers. It splayed open at the top with each shot and worked its way up the backstrap.
Also the wood was very soft and the screws holding the hardware in place began to shift from the force of the shots.
At this point, the only use for mine is as a template to make a better wood stock and possibly find a machinist who can make better versions of the hardware steel.

tldr; The stock I got is a paperweight/non funcitonal

Another idea that perennially gurgles to the surface, including this frosty morn outside my office whilst smoking the cigar, is a BFR in .3030 WCF:

View attachment 811270

Form 1ed and then obtain/modify/fabricate/whatever a skeleton stock like from olden days:

View attachment 811271
You know, like this, only turned up to eleven (honk):

View attachment 811272

Handy backpacking revolver / little carbine, in treinta y treinta no less. Neat-o, at least to me. And I just lost my train of thought. :s0155:
That will suck.

If the broomhandle is in good shape and has the original stock, $1,400 is actually not bad compared to what I see on GB and some other sites. I've seen some pretty ratty specimens go for more.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top