JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Model 94 30-30 I ned to put a new rear sight in. Has none now. Is there a secret to getting the new rear sight in the dovetails, as the previous owner screwed up the barrel a little trying to get this one in. Just looking for a little advice before I try myself. I know to use a brass drift punch, but not much more.

Brass drift punch is pretty much it. You might also consider installing a Williams receiver peep sight and just get a sight slot blank to fill in the slot in the barrel and clean up it's appearance. I did that on one of my M94's a while back and much prefer the peep sight to the standard buckhorn sight.

I have a 94 that will put 3" groups at 100 years with a Lyman Rear Peep with Remington 170 round nose bullets. Go with the rear peep and you will not be sorry. You can remove the screw in "peep" and use the sight through for hunting and it will align the target very fast.

I installed a set of the Williams Fire Sights in mine. I wasn't a big fan of the way the rear goes in. It slides in pretty easy, and there is a ste screw in the actual dovetail that tightens it up to allow easy windage adjustments. I've put half a dozen boxes through it, and carried if a couple days in the woods, and it hasn't shifted on me yet. The front was a pain to install. I didn't have a brass punch, so I used part of a wooden dowel instead, and it took forever (the dowel kept splitting, and I'd have to get a new piece).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top