JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the WA Big Game Booklet ....
Muzzleloader Regs....part 3 section d
"Ignition is to be wheel lock , matchlock , flintlock or percussion.
Primers designed to be used in modern cartridges are legal."

Nothing here says anything about the primer system in the Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloading rifle...so I would say no it is not legal for a muzzleloading rifle season hunt.

I'd also suggest just getting a more traditional style of muzzleloading rifle as then you won't have to worry about these things....
Andy
I guess you would have to take it to court, because primers designed to be in modern firearms are exactly what it uses. I'm looking for facts not opinions. Thanks for the reply tho! i already have a flintlock, percussion cap and an inline with NW specs, and several other guns...I love them all! (However i would like the option to use the 700 if its legal...Again Looking for a fact, or experience, or something definitive. Don't care about opinions or suggestions!

I guess you would have to take it to court, because primers designed to be in modern firearms are exactly what it uses. I'm looking for facts not opinions. Thanks for the reply tho! i already have a flintlock, percussion cap and an inline with NW specs, and several other guns...I love them all! (However i would like the option to use the 700 if its legal...Again Looking for a fact, or experience, or something definitive. Don't care about opinions or suggestions!
Ok, I called the Washington fish and wildlife game wardens office and asked him the question. Specifically for the model 700 UML. He pointed out to me that the language was changed April 2018 to allow priming systems that were not exposed to the elements and that modern primers are also allowed. So in FACT he said the ultimate muzzleloader Remington model 700 is allowed for all Washington state hunting during a muzzleloader season....

This is great! Thank you for doing the legwork and posting this info. I am considering buying a muzzloader and have been confused about what is legal in this state. I have asked friends that own muzzleloaders and hunt in washington, it seems that they are not aware of the current change in the law. So what i gather is the only thing that is not allowed is having a scope on your gun.

Well BUMMER! No Scopes ?

Full Auto Matchlock.jpg

That's Right!! No scopes or glass which would include red dot. Now If I could only find some fiber sights that fit for it, the peep just doesn't give me as good of accuracy as conventional. However they do allow you to find the target faster because they don't cover half the target..which helps in the bush!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top