JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, been enjoying a lovely day with the Mrs and we both did a bunch of shooting up at the home range. Alas, both my primary handgun and rifle had issues; the former minor, the latter more spectacular (more about that in another thread coming to this section).

Anypoop, with the wheelgun, I shot up a bunch of full-house ammo, and at the very end of the range time, the cylinder release latch popped of:

punk1.jpg

Some sort of retaining doohickey, evidently, fell off. I found the latch but not whatever retains said. Questions:

1. Anyone know what part I need to fix this?
  2. Is it safe to assume I can put this back together or is there more to it I'm missing?
Many thanks.

P.S. The revolver still functions sans part, but it would be nice to get that back on.
P.P.S. I did message S&W, but based upon past interaction, it will be a week or two before I hear anything.

Assuming the threads on the latch are OK, the part you need is called a "thumbpiece nut".
AFAIK all J/K/L/N frames use the same nut. Available lots of places--around $5

So, been enjoying a lovely day with the Mrs and we both did a bunch of shooting up at the home range. Alas, both my primary handgun and rifle had issues; the former minor, the latter more spectacular (more about that in another thread coming to this section).

Anypoop, with the wheelgun, I shot up a bunch of full-house ammo, and at the very end of the range time, the cylinder release latch popped of:

View attachment 670224

Some sort of retaining doohickey, evidently, fell off. I found the latch but not whatever retains said. Questions:

1. Anyone know what part I need to fix this?
  2. Is it safe to assume I can put this back together or is there more to it I'm missing?
Many thanks.

P.S. The revolver still functions sans part, but it would be nice to get that back on.
P.P.S. I did message S&W, but based upon past interaction, it will be a week or two before I hear anything.

Need a big rolling magnet on wheels to take up there and find that screw! I've had my bacon saved a few times with one, using it to find peep sight parts, etc that fell off.

They're way more money than a $5 replacement part, but there's something so satisfying about hearing that "tink!" and knowing you just found the little b@stard!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top