JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Guys, here are some pics of paulys work
Just got my stuff back from him
Truly a mirror finish on these parts
Please excuse the photos, my pic fu is weak now
View attachment 189996
View attachment 189997
View attachment 189998
View attachment 189999

Thanks.
Glad you're enjoying it...

However, the carrier polish I did on yours isn't representative of my full IceRack service, being as I just touched up the facial side of yours that was already somewhat polished as I was doing your GlassBolt.

This is my full IceRack on AK's & S-12's;

S6300814-1.jpg
037-1.jpg

Pauly, I gotta say for what you are charging, that's a fantastic deal. Before I heard of your service, I polished only the sliding and camming surfaces on my Saiga's bolt, carrier and hammer. Dremelling wasn't working for me (wrong grit, wrong application...?) so I did it by hand, with several grits of sandpaper, over several nights of watching movies. It shines and its smooth, to be sure, but it took a while and I had sore thumbs. You also reprofile the carrier to allow easier loading a full mag, don't you?

Keith

Pauly, I gotta say for what you are charging, that's a fantastic deal. Before I heard of your service, I polished only the sliding and camming surfaces on my Saiga's bolt, carrier and hammer. Dremelling wasn't working for me (wrong grit, wrong application...?) so I did it by hand, with several grits of sandpaper, over several nights of watching movies. It shines and its smooth, to be sure, but it took a while and I had sore thumbs. You also reprofile the carrier to allow easier loading a full mag, don't you?

Keith
Yeah.
Slight reprofile of the carrier, but more importantly the hammer.

It's IMPERATIVE if anyone messes with the bottom of the carrier & the hammer's face that they know EXACTLY what they're doing.
If they don't, they can easily overprofile & set themselves up for slamfire if the right variables come into play.

The problem is, the aftermarket hammers are too large for the Saiga-12 & this adds a great deal of friction, robbing power from the cycle.
However, the thickness of the bottom of the carrier, combined with the correct thickness of the hammer face are essential to correctly engage the hammer's sear into the disconnecter.

So if any of the do it yourselfers attempt this modification, it's very important that you install everything &, with the dust cover off (& the firearm unloaded) hand cycle the action & make sure the hammer's sear engauges the disconnecter correctly.

The part that makes loading on the closed bolt easier is the actual bolt modification though.
the correct profile will make both a smooth transition for the top round of the magazine to load, but keep the roundness of the bolt, so when the bolt rotates during the extraction cycle, that part does not rob power from the cycle.
This part is what aids the gun when running the drum mags which have much more spring tension.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top