JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The philosophy behind it is when you close an eye you lose that sides peripheral you'll not be able to see an enemies coming from that side. Most people have no issue keeping both eyes open on lower variable Scopes, or red dots.

A lot of that entirely depends on shooters experience and eyes. I have no problem using a 3-9×40 (set on 9 power) scope at 50 yards, even on running game animals.

Op, my best suggestion is to buy a scope that tracks accurately and has a dial set up for your particular cartridge. When i get some time, im going to be setting up my dads rifle with that 20" stainless Noveske barrel from a different upper, that i showed you in another thread.

Im going to pull the Zeiss and put it on a new hunting rifle. Ill probably just put a simple Burris MSR 4.5-14x42 on it to keep it simple. That scope has a dial on it calibrated for the 55 grain 556 ammo, so it will be very easy to get on target at different ranges, once its zeroed. I believe in the KISS approach. When i get this rifle set up, you are more than welcome to try it out at my clubs range. That may give you some ideas on how to fix your ruger up, after you get it back from the factory.

"Today's riflescopes are superior to those of even a generation ago, both optically and mechanically. Still, understanding how they work can help us get the most out of what they have to offer. "

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top